Sonoma County Photography Group Message Board Local galleries and Contests › Support a Sonoma County Entrepreneur- photopatron.com!

Support a Sonoma County Entrepreneur- photopatron.com!

laura g.
user 72768142
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
Greetings!

I recently co-founded a free website to support Bay Area photographers: photopatron.com. I want to build a community for photographers to share, comment on, and easily sell their photos. The site was created with the thought that more traffic would be generated to a site with an aggregate of photographers, making it easier for photographers to gain exposure.

The site is in it's infancy, and right now I am looking for quality content from local photographers. I am asking a favor; would members be willing to check out the site, upload some photos, and give me feedback? Again, this project is just beginning, but I think it could be a great way to support local photography. Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Laura (and Patrick)
Roger B.
RogerBoltPhoto
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 19
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll check it out.
Grant K.
Solano
Fairfield, CA
Post #: 502
As will I.
Tom D.
user 40497812
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 4
Interesting... seems it could become a popularity contest between photographers!?
Who sets the prices (since the three I looked at were all the same? What if I print my own and want to charge more or less than others.
I'm primarily a portrait photographer but can't help but shoot some landscapes since I live in the Sonoma "Valley of the Moon". You can reach me at tomdeiningerphotography@yahoo. com.
Roger B.
RogerBoltPhoto
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 23
I love to tough and essential question. Thanks Tom.
laura g.
user 72768142
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 8
First of all, a huge thank you for checking out the site! We greatly appreciate your support. In terms of rating photos, the homepage collage was created to highlight photos with the highest score. I know that a challenge for this is the number of votes- a photo at the top might have a 5/5, but only two people voting on it. This is currently under development and will be addressed as soon as possible.

This system, with rating and limited number of photos per day, is also to encourage thoughtful uploading; the goal is to have photographers highlight some of their most profound images and have them shared with the community. We want to encourage repeat visitors by having a homepage that is constantly evolving, hopefully generating high viewership and more exposure for photographers.

For pricing, there is a sliding scale- after uploading a photo, there is an option to slide a tab across the top, and that changes the pricing. Currently all photos have the same pricing, but that is simply because the photographers did not slide the tab to choose higher prices. We created this pricing model based on industry standards and similar websites pricing models. Again, if you have other ideas feel free to contact Patrick or myself, we would love to hear more feedback.

Once again, THANK YOU! There are many updates happening to the site, and hopefully those will all be completed in the near future. We are trying to build a community for photographers to share experiences, beautiful photos, and hopefully sell a few prints along the way, too.

We look forward to seeing your photos on photopatron.com!

Laura Patrick
laura.gosewisch@gmail.com patrick.philbin@photopatron.com
Roger B.
RogerBoltPhoto
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 53
Follow up. I forgot to mention that I sold an 16 X 20 image of Dahlia Sunrise on this site. Worth it to me. Thanks Laura
A former member
Post #: 33
sounds Awesome! Thank you and I will be checking it out as well !!