Sonoma County Photography Group Message Board Stuff for Sale › Wanted: 50mm f/1.4 EF USM Lens for EOS DSLR I have a Canon Rebel T3

Wanted: 50mm f/1.4 EF USM Lens for EOS DSLR I have a Canon Rebel T3

paula p.
Nbay001
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 34
They sell on B&H for $340.

Thanks!

Paula
Steve R.
user 23859442
Sebastopol, CA
Post #: 40
You should be able to get one on eBay for about $100.
Grant K.
Solano
Fairfield, CA
Post #: 518
I've also seen them on Craig's list, but I thought they were a bit more than $100. The 1.8 maybe $100 but the 1.4 might be a few more.
Grant K.
Solano
Fairfield, CA
Post #: 519
Here's one on Craigs List

Canon 50 mm 1.4 w/ original box & filter - $260 (sunset / parkside)
I have a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens. It is about a year old and I am selling it because I didn't use it as much I thought that I would. It is in great condition. Focusing isn't as smooth as it was brand new but there are absolutely ZERO problems with the autofocusing or manual focusing.
The original box is included.

Please feel free to call or text 619 699 9854
We can set up a public meeting spot for the exchange and you may even test the lens if you wish.

Thank you!

The lens pictured below is the one you will be buying.
Jak W.
user 13680800
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 37
you might look at keh.com if you haven't already. They sell used gear at reasonable prices and you don't risk getting a dud.
paula p.
Nbay001
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 35
Thanks Jak....I took a look, they don't have what I want right now, but it's a great resource that I will add to my "favorites" By the way, I do like the article on "Shooting". My friend who is a bird watcher, resents the term "birder" He finds the attitude of birders is too akin to hunting. They keep lists and compare their lists like trophies and will drive hundreds of miles to "shoot" a rare bird, again, like a trophy. My friend started seeing the hunting aspect of this type of activity, and now feels staying local and viewing himself as a low impact bird watcher is more loving to nature and kinder to the birds.
Jak W.
user 13680800
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 39
Keh.com is great; they don't always have what you want, but their prices are competitive, no surprises with bad gear, and their rating system is skewed to please you.

50mm 1.4 is great... have to say mine is a Zeiss though and it's my all-time favorite lens.

I can't really comment on the birding culture because I've not been involved, but at least as far as photography goes I view it as a visual art form. Visual artists make statements. But when I ask photographers in portfolio reviews what they felt about that subject or what they were trying to say with an image, I get a blank stare almost every time. We get so wrapped up in our cameras and checking off our shot-list we miss the moment. We're not inspired, we're not creative, we're not unique. A photographer who can define their intention for their portolio is miles ahead.

Now I have to go shoot my daughter.