Sonoma County Photography Group Members Suggest...
Joe McNally's Blog
He's very passionate about photography, has been in the field for a long time, and makes great suggestions about lighting set up and camera point of view. Hes also very funny and a bit irreverent.
This guy has a very large website, with a lot of useful information. However, he does tend to offer up a lot of his opinions as facts, and he thinks pretty highly of himself, so he has been labeled by some as the "Chuck Norris" of photography. Below are some humorous sayings about him:
* Ken Rockwell's camera has similar settings to ours, except his are: P[erfect] Av[Awesome Priority Tv[Totally Awesome Priority] M[ajestic]
* Ken Rockwell doesn't color correct. He adjusts your world to match his.
* Ken Rockwell doesn't wait for the light when he shoots a landscape - the light waits for him.
* Only Ken Rockwell can take pictures of Ken Rockwell; everyone else would just get their film overexposed by the light of his genius
* Ken Rockwell's nudes were fully clothed at the time of exposure
* Rockwell portraits are so lifelike, they have to pay taxes
Below are 2 fantastic books from Joe McNally.
The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes
The Moment It Clicks: Photography secrets from one of the world's top shooters