This is a great hike for a Sunday afternoon! We will take Canyon Trail to Lake Ilsanjo, go around the lake and connect with Rough Go trail to the Service Road and back to Parktrail Drive. Canyon Trail and Rough Go have amazing views of Santa Rosa.
This loop is 6 miles with a 700 feet elevation. This is an easy to moderate hike but take into consideration that Rough Go is very rocky and can be a treacherous trail.
Driving Directions to Trailhead:
- From Highway 12 East Bound from 101
- At the stoplight continue straight onto Hoen Ave.
- Take a right at the light onto Summerfield Ave.
- Take a left on Parktrail drive (2nd street on left).
- Park about a 1/3 of a mile up the road; the trailhead is on the left
Please read and be familiar with the guidelines of the group as listed below. It’s important before you come on a Wanderer hike that you agree and are prepared with the following.
- We combine enjoyment of the trail with respect for everyone’s time. A steady pace and we just keep going! If you are in the lead you will end up waiting at trail junctions. If you are in the back you will be asked to do your best to keep up with the group and at waiting points the group may move on as soon as you are within sight. Our pace averages 2.5mph. We do get separated from time to time as everyone walks their own pace but please bear in mind that you will need to be able to stay within a reasonable distance from the group. Make sure this is something you are prepared for and would enjoy
- Please always check your email the night before just in case there are any necessary adjustments to the hike details. Cancellations or any adjustments will be posted by 10pm the previous evening.
- RSVP etiquette must be followed. Only RSVP when you can commit to attend. Once you have RSVP'd if you have an emergency that means you have to cancel please change your RSVP by 5pm the prior day. This will avoid a "no-show" reflecting on your participation history. Over 3 "no-shows" might mean we have to excuse you from the group. We try very hard to respect each other in this group.
- Give yourself time to find the trail head so that you arrive prior to the scheduled time. That is the time we head out on the trail. It would be disappointing to miss having you on the hike due to late arrival. You will be left behind if you are not ready to head out at the hike start time.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes with good rugged soles that are well broken in.
- Duration: 2.5-3 hrs.
- Facilities: near Lake Ilsanjo
- Dogs?: none allowed
- Bring plenty of water. Dress in layers. The hike starts off cool but rapidly warms up.
- Bring a snack.
- Bring your smile and great attitude! We are ALL about trail enjoyment while respecting everyone’s time!
See you on the trail!