This is a meeting to discuss future plans and ideas. This is the list of past trips I have done with the group in the last 3 years:
• Big Basin Camping Trip 3 days
• Kern River and Sequoia National Park Hiking and Kayaking 3 days
• Prairie Creek Camping Trip-3 days
• Yosemite (3 times) from 3-5 days
• Tahoe Fallen Leaf Camping trip and Desolation Wilderness. 4 days
• Lassen National Park (2 times) 4 days
• Salt Point State Park Camping trip 3 days
• Mendocino Retreat 3 days
• Big Sur Camping trip 3 days
• Pinnacles National Park- (3 times) 2 days
• Southwest Grand Circle (excluding the Grand Canyon) 7 days
• Ecuador and the Amazon Basin-8 days
• Peru and Machu Picchu 8 days
• England and the Cotswolds-10 days
• Hawaii Adventure-5 days
• Zion National Park and The Narrow backpacking trip 4 days
• Death Valley 5 days ** this is a hiking trip that I did not personally attend
Just because we have done all of the above, that doesn't mean that I don't plan to do it again. I'm just sharing the above list so that you know what my background is and what I am familiar with.
Fresh and new ideas are what I am looking for from all of you!!! I will need copies (please no originals..unless you don't need them back) of any helpful materials. The more information you provide for me....the better your chance will be that your idea will be chosen for a future trip.
These are the key ingredients for what I am looking for future trips
-At least 3 days of stellar hiking. Hikes should be between 8-14 miles if possible and easy to get to from a basecamp or accommodation.
-Location can accommodate a group. A combo of types of accommodation are always a plus because some members don't care for camping and others LOVE to camp
-Beautiful and unique scenery
-an available alternate physical activity is always fun (boating, swimming, fishing etc...)
Don't have any ideas or suggestions?? That's ok...just come and get excited about what is in our future!