It's a day of celebration and appreciation of this rainy weather that is going to make everything gloriously green!...We are going to celebrate our November birthdays and Thanksgiving!
This route is about 6.5 miles with an elevation gain of about 400 feet.
We are going to do the Spring Creek Trail, circle around lovely Lake Ilsanjo and continue back on Canyon Trail. I found a great detailed description of the route that with the use of the map found on the brochure you will be able to see exactly where we are going. The two links are below:
http://fleetfeetsantarosa.com/Routes/anna_6mi.htm (for trail route info)
http://www.parks.ca.g... (for brochure which if you continue to end has a great map!)
Driving Directions to Trailhead: -
- From Highway 12 East Bound from 101
- At the stoplight continue straight onto Hoen Ave.
- Take a right at the light onto Summerfield Ave.
- Take a left on Parktrail drive (2nd street on left).
- Park about a 1/3 of a mile down the road.
When you RSVP please indicate what you are bringing...entree items and hearty salads are always appreciated. Please bring a wrapped birthday gift (an outdoor oriented item that you would love to get as a birthday present) for our gift box. If you brought a gift last month then you don't need to contribute this month. Our birthday honorees get to choose a gift from the box.
- Please always check your email the night before just in case there are any necessary adjustments or cancellations. This is especially important if there are any weather issues. Cancellations due to weather will be posted by 10pm the previous evening.
- We combine enjoyment of the trail with respect for everyone’s time. A steady pace and we just keep going! If you are a fast hiker, you will be asked to periodically wait for the group. If you are finding that you are lagging behind, you will be asked to focus your energy on keeping up the best you can ...forgoing picture taking, dancing and scat identification. We also move along as soon as all lagging members are in close visual sight. Please make sure this is something you will enjoy.
- Give yourself time to find the trail head or car pool meeting spot so that you arrive prior to the scheduled time. That is the time we leave. It would be disappointing to miss due to late arrival. We leave the car pool sites on time and we START hiking at the starting time!!!
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes with good rugged soles that are well broken in.
- Duration: 4 hours appx.
- Facilities: at the parking lot
- Dogs?: none allowed
- Bring plenty of water. More than one bottle is usually a good idea.
- Dress in layers. The hike starts off cool but rapidly warms up.
- Make sure the consistent drivers always get the first "rider" seats when they want to be a rider. Once the car is full then the people left would be the people that have not been recent drivers and then one of them would have an opportunity to drive and do their share. If we have no one stepping up to the plate to offer to drive then it would be a simple discussion of who has not driven most recently and the responsibility will fall to them for that day.
Always try to car-pool if you can. Santa Rosa car pool is with at Coddingtown Library parking lot. The library is on the north side of Coddingtown across the parking lot from Whole Foods. If there is a noted car pool that is full or doesn’t work for you it would be wonderful if posted your own on the hike’s comments spot. If you are a rider than make sure to give your driver gas money. The general meetup guideline is …1 driving hour and under $5 and over 1 hour driving $8. Please show appreciation to your driver..otherwise you might find yourself driving the next time.