Bring some wine and lunch and let's enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that we worked hard to achieve getting to the top of Bald Mountain! This is a spectacular trail with a 360-degree view at the summit. We are starting on Lower Bald Mountain Trail to Vista onto Headwaters and ending on Red Mountain trail to make our way to the top. We will come down the paved Bald Mountain Trail. This is a difficult trail. Steep and narrow trail at some points.
On a clear day you can see from the Sierra Nevada Range to the San Francisco skyline and the Golden Gate Bridge. This is not easy and we will huff an puff as we slowly climb but it IS very worthwhile! Our way down will be primarily on the paved fire road.
This is a 7 mile loop with an elevation gain of appx. 1700 feet.
The link to the park brochure and trail map is below:
Need to know details:
- Charge of $8.00 per car to enter the park.
- We stop at a picnic table on the way down for lunch/snack so make sure to pack one!
- This is a trail that is exposed to the sun during most of the hike...consider a hat and wear sunblock.
- Wear layers as it will probably start cool but end HOT!
- Bring lot's of water!
- We do head out promptly at on time!...make sure you aren't left behind by getting there well in advance.
- Check your email the night before just in case I have to notify you of any necessary adjustments.