addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sonoma Beerocrats Homebrewing Club Message Board › CA State Home Brew Comp

CA State Home Brew Comp

A former member
Post #: 7
I got an email yesterday reminding me that this competition is coming up quickly. Looks like if you get a brew together in the next few days you will have time to squeak one more in before the deadline. Good luck everyone! Email content is below.

My brew partner Scott and I will be brewing under the "Beerocrats" club name for the first time for this event. Lets see how many medals we can amass as a club!

Entry Deadline: Oct 12, 2013. Entries and fees will be accepted between Saturday, October 5 and Saturday, October 12, 2013 at Oak Barrel Winecraft in Berkeley and at Beer, Beer and More Beer in Concord. If additional drop off sites are added, the website will be updated.

Forms will be posted to the website in the next couple of weeks.

Entries may be shipped to:

Oak Barrel Winecraft
1443 San Pablo Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702

Entry drop-off points:

Oak Barrel Winecraft
1443 San Pablo Ave
Berkeley, CA
(510) 849-0400
Mon - Fri 10-6, Sat 10-5

Beer, Beer & More Beer, Concord
995 Detroit Ave, Ste H
Concord, CA
(925) 771-7107
Mon - Fri 9-6, Sat - Sun 10-5

Awards and Prizes:

Sierra Nevada Homebrewer of the Year

The qualifying brewer who accumulates the most points from award winning beers in this competition, the Mayfaire, and the California State Fair will receive an award from the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.

Anchor Brewing Homebrew Club of the Year

Anchor Brewing will select the Homebrew Club of the Year after reviewing the results of the above-named competitions and other pertinent information.

Best of Show
The brewer of the beer selected as the best of all best of class winners will receive a ribbon and their name will be engraved on a trophy that is on display at The Oak Barrel Winecraft Shop.

Best of Class
First place in each category will receive an engraved mug and a 'first award' ribbon.

Individual Awards
First, second, and third award ribbons will be given in each category. Multiple awards may be given, depending on category size. Additional awards may be presented, varying by Category, depending on the sponsorship of each category.

Thanks,
A former member
Post #: 35
Robert,
The Calif. State Fair Competition, Has already taken place this year. The Competition you are refering to is:

State Competition
35th Annual California State Homebrew Competition

The 2013 competition will be hosted again by the Anchor Brewing Company.

Competition Date is Saturday, November 2, 2013

Awards will be presented in 15 categories this year, along with announcement of the Anchor Homebrew Club of the Year, and the Sierra Nevada Homebrewer of the Year

Last year we received 386 entries in 14 categories from 127 different brewers. This year we have added a new category for your wood-aged and smoked beers!

This year we are looking at online entry forms--stay tuned for them to be available in late September.

As you noted the on line registration hasn't opened yet. The beerocrats have done well in the past in this competition.
We will be coordinating a drop off of entries, I will post info when we get closer. Thanks for posting this announcement, I was going to wait until registration opened. It's easy to mix these two up there's only one word difference in the title.
VP

A former member
Post #: 9
Thank you for the update. It is "harvest" right now and my head is spinning a bit. I thought that the CA Fair had already taken place and that I missed it. Guess I was right. ;-) I am not sure where I got the email from? Maybe AHA? At any rate, thanks for the clarification. I think that we might possibly be able to get three beers entered in to this so I am and kind of excited on that level. Cheers. R-
Tyler S.
user 13883510
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 12
Registration is open. Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 1
How do they accept the samples?
containers type ect?
Dino
A former member
Post #: 41
http://www.nchfinfo.o...­
Online entry is open. Enter your beers on line and pay your fee's. The entry deadline is Sat. Oct. 12th.
I will be taking down the club's entries on the 12th. You can drop off your beers at the BP. Be sure to attach your bottle ID forms to your bottles with a rubber band. When you drop off your beers at the BP e-mail me and let me know: your name, and how many entries you droped off. I will be making a list and when I pick up the club's beers I will check the list to make sure I collect all the beers that were droped off.
This is another benifit of being a Beerocrat club member! Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 42
Last Call! I'll be picking up entries this afternoon. So far only two people have e-mailed me with entries, What's up?
Matt K.
user 72953552
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 8
Hey Michael, I dropped off 5 entries + 1 for Kevin Teel 2 weeks ago.

Here's another fun comp that just happened last weekend: http://www.madzymurgi...­