With the New Years behind us, people want to lose weight and get healthier. The perfect way to do this is to include more fresh fruits and vegetables in your life. Statistically only 11% of Americans eat 5+ servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Don’t be a statistic! Eating a plant based, whole raw foods is the best way to include the most fresh vegetables and fruits into your diet. Come to this months potluck and hear successful long-term 18 year raw foodist, John Kohler talk on "The 3 Easiest Ways to include more Raw Foods in Your Diet". This short 30 minute talk John will cover many of the basics and answer many common questions about raw foods so you can start eating healthier in 2013.
In this talk, John will cover everything you need to know about eating raw foods including:
· The 3 easiest ways to include more raw foods in your diet
· How John has lived sucessfully on a[masked]% raw plant based diet for the last 18 years.
· Why the raw plant based diet is the best way to get the nutrition you need to be healthy and extend your life.
· The best way to get protein, vitamin D, B12 and other critical nutrients on a raw diet
· The Single Produce item that most Raw Foodists do not eat enough of and why
· Why you don't have to eat 100% raw to get the benefits of a Raw Plant Based Diet
· How to Cut Your Organic Fruit and Vegetable bill by 50%
· And much more...
John Kohler has been eating a plant based diet since 1995; he turned to raw foods and healthy eating for healing from a life threatening-illness (spinal meningitis) and has enjoyed dynamic health ever since. The focus of his research has been in the area of obtaining the highest level of health. One of John’s goals is to educate the world about the power of eating a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, he does this at www.okraw.com John also owns and manages www.discountjuicers.com and is the number one expert on juicers in the world. He is widely sought out and regularly speaks and instructs at many health festivals and events. This is a rare opportunity to hear John speak in person in Sonoma County, most of his teaching now days is done online - John has over 1200 videos on YouTube that teach about raw foods, juicing and growing food that have been watched over 14 million times.. In his spare time he likes to garden. John shares his gardening tips and teaches you how to grow your own food at www.GrowingYourGreens.com
Along with this months talk will be a Raw Potluck: all those attending please bring a 100% raw, (preferably) organic, unprocessed, non-animal based (honey ok) ready-to-serve dish for 8 people. Please bring a typed or neatly printed recipe to display next to your dish. Please also bring a plate and eating utensils. Bring a friend to introduce them to healthy eating!
The below list of raw vegan food dish ideas to help you have plenty of ideas for dishes to bring to our potluck events.
1. You could bring an organic salad;
2. There is a source for raw recipes listed in the invitation at http://www.rawnewenglandcommunity.com/;
3. There are plenty of raw recipes available online
4. Most raw food books have raw recipes; and
5. Organic fruit or fruit salad.
The Sonoma Raw Food Meetup will be hosted EVERY second Friday of each month unless otherwised noted. We want to encourage each and everyone of you to come join us for community and information to live more vibrantly. Please mark your calendar today and make space for our community gatherings.
Come in January to learn about plans to improve and expand our group. Bring a vibrant living dish to serve eight along with your plate and eatting utinsils. Bring a friend and introduce them to our group.
Please RSVP so we can make proper arrangements for all attending. We look forward to meeting you there.