January 8, 2013 · 2:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
The Songwriters Soul Kitchen got a request from a group that has been doing webisodes that are averaging 80,000 to 100,000 hits and they are doing special webisodes on black musicians for Black / History month. I will be executive producing the music that will be submitted for these webisodes. I am passing this opportunity on to anyone here who would like to be a apart of my efforts to put together some music that will be part of the series. Here are the descriptions as they were given to me.
1) Josephine Baker - 20s-30s vibe, B/W hand cranked Bolex film camera visuals. She is dancing in a studio with glowing lights or behind the scenes in her dressing room. She will not be singing on camera. But the music should be reminiscent of her performances/the times.
2) Barry White & Marvin Gaye
BARRY: Late 70s film meets TV Video look. Early Music video. Barry's soul/disco Orchestral vibe. Barry is playing on his white piano while his back singer/group Love Unlimited is backing him up. Plush Pastel colors decor, fuzzy furry and shiny things.
3) MARVIN: Early to Mid 70s. Think Marvin's Let's Get It On album cover w/red skully cap mixed with I Want You album sound. He will be recording in the studio.
4) Nina Simone - 60s. Muted colors film look. WattsStax documentary style look, behind the scenes expose. Stong, black, afrocentric. Coffee and cigarettes. Outspoken.
5) Eartha Kitt - 60s Batman/Catwoman scene, plush setting with leopard cat decor. She doesn't sing, the scene is all the Batman interpolations for the scene. Suspense, Gotham City, etc. She attempts to seduce Batman when he tries to capture her in the scene. The scene will play out with a dance seduction musical number from Catwoman, Eartha Kitt style. Need that music too.
If anyone would like to be a part of the process please contact me asap through email as the timeframe is limited. If the songs are used there will be compensation.