A safe, informal group of vocalisers who enjoy sound, voice, rhythm and music to release stress, clear the mind and build community. It’s not a choir, but a playshop, with exercises, improvisations and songs blending into a rich mix of creative sound. You’ll leave feeling relaxed, energised and uplifted, with mind and body still and peaceful. It’s deep, and fun.
Open to all levels of experience - uncertain singers are especially welcome. It’s about participation in a group, rather than individual performance; you can remain anonymous until your confidence grows, while more experienced vocalisers can shine in a supportive group. I balance musical and vocal awareness and discipline with the freedom to discover and explore your own, unique expression.
In a typical session we will do:
- stretches, movement & breathing exercises to energise the body
- warm-ups to develop technique, creativity, flexibility & power.
- free improvisation, toning & sound meditations to express our feelings and bring the group together
- chants and music from different world traditions and cultures - deep, beautiful & entrancing.
- group harmony singing - popular songs from any genre or era: Jazz, Pop, Soul, Blues, Gospel, Spirituals, Folk, 50’s, 60’s,70’s. Positive songs which are energising, inspiring, fun, beautiful, happy or uplifting !
It’s an opportunity to learn about energy and creativity and getting into a flow of listening, responding, communicating and expressing different parts of yourself via spontaneous and meaningful musical interactions.
This playshop is about more than singing & voicework; it’s about using your voice as a tool for personal growth & creative self-expression. Each individual voice in a group of kindred spirits contributes to the whole sound community, creating a healing vocal workout for mind, body and spirit.
Doors open 7.15. Please arrive by 7.30 so that we can all begin together, on time. The warm-ups form a crucial part of the vocal journey. Thanks.
£12 in advance by Paypal (advance booking closes at 4pm on the day).
£15 on the door
RSVP'ing YES requires payment. Please read the refund policy.
You can also book by e-mail or text and pay on the door.
Limited places available.
Look forward to singing and sounding with you :)