Important RSVP rules, please read:
If we fill up and have a waiting list going ... Please Remember :
Softball is our most popular event so when you R.S.V.P., you are taking a spot from someone else who wants to play. We understand that life happens and Meetup softball is definitely not the most important event in your life but please be considerate and update your R.S.V.P. no less than 24 hours prior to the event start time if something comes up. If you bring a friend who is not on the R.S.V.P. list, you may rotate with said friend. If you R.S.V.P. for your friends (+1, +2, etc.) and they don't show up, it will count as a no show against you. When 22 people R.S.V.P. and 2 don't show we can still have a fun game. When 22 people R.S.V.P. and 14 show up... well you see where I'm going with this.
Failure to follow these simple rules will be considered a "no show". You will no longer be welcomed to any games after 3 no shows.
A full game is generally about 1 hour or so, and leaving early ruins games and the fun, so please be considerate of the other players.
We play no more than 11-11, if you show up with no R.S.V.P., and we have enough players, you will be asked to sit out. If you don't believe in making someone sit out, you are welcomed to rotate with them : )
Who should come?
Come out if you enjoy a friendly game of scrimmage.
All levels are welcomed but some knowledge of softball is preferred. If you have never played before but are interested in trying, we are happy to give you some coaching also. (You will need to bring your own glove.)
Who should NOT come:
We play competitive enough to make it a fun game.
If you like to argue about everything, this is not the right group for you.
If you think it is acceptable to injure some one, you are definitely NOT welcomed.
If you just want to goof around, we have room in the peanut gallery.
General Rules & FAQs:
1) Please be courteous to fellow players, and control your tempers.
2) Bases, bats, balls, (scoreboard, line up board) are provided. Please bring your own glove. Some of us were single children and don't believe in sharing. :)
3) No metal cleats, we like our bases.
4) We play coed rules:
a) safety base at 1st
b) veering line at home
c) *NEW*... cones in the outfield for female batters. Fielders may not enter this area till a ball is in play.
5) We will play 7 innings with 7 run max per inning (unlimited runs in 7th inning)
6) A lot of us have a favorite position, if multiple people want to play the same position, please be nice to others and rotate from inning to inning. Don't be shy to ask to rotate.
7) Please dress appropriately (i.e. sandals are not appropriate softball attire.)
8) We don't have the budget for an ump., so when a play is questionable, majority rules, regardless of what you think you saw (or what the truth is, really).
9) No strike outs, no walks. You bat till you hit, but we don't exactly have M.L.B. pitchers so please don't wait for 1000 pitches before you swing.
10) Please ask the owner before you grab a bat. Please do not throw other people's softball bats. Some cost in excess of $300.00. As the saying goes "you break it - you bought it."
11) Just want to come and watch? We welcome audiences, no need to R.S.V.P. (Send me an email for the location.)
12) If you are bringing a friend or two please mention his/her/their name(s) in your RSVP so we won't have to refer to them as " Joe's friend #1."