Helpful Info So We Can All Get Along
1. Be active in the group! Look at the calendar and come to events! If nothing works for you, suggest meetups! Engage in conversation in the Discussions tab. I want this to become and stay a close group of parents and the only way this will work is if we're all active. Every 2-3 months I post a "Roll Call" event. Just RSVP "yes" if you want to stay active in the group. It's not an actual meetup, just a way to check-in and make sure I see people who are active or plan to be active in the future. If you do not RSVP to this virtual event or ever attend meetups, you will be removed from the group. If you decide to become active in the future, you can join again.
2. Keep your RSVP updated. If you need to cancel last minute, please update your RSVP so people aren't waiting for you which may cause a delay in the event. This applies to every event, especially the ones that take place in a members' home. It is expected and respectful to do so. If you have a smart phone, I highly suggest you download the Meetup app.
3. Do not bring sick, contagious kids (or parents) to meetups. A tail end of a cold, or a little lingering cough is okay, but completely congested kiddos...please plan on a next time!
4. If you don't want your kid's toy chewed on or played with by another child, do not bring it to a meetup event. It's too much work worrying about "can my kid play with that?" If you have a special toy you don't want played with or chewed on, please leave it at home/in the car/hiding in the diaper bag.
5. I know this goes without saying, but please be respectful. Check your drama, judgements and mompetition at the door! Helping out a fellow mom, giving advice and suggestions are all what we're here for, but make sure to THINK before you do. Is what you're saying True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind? No pushing your "right" way of parenting onto another mom. Basically, do not make a mom feel bad for the decisions she has made and try to "mom up" her. I've seen some heated arguments (more than just discussions) because moms feel the need to justify their parenting. Just.don't.go.there. That's a big poop explosion in the mom world and no one wants to clean that up. :-)
6. Your profile picture has to be a recognizable picture of you! Your kids/pets/friends/crafts can be in it too, but we need to be able to recognize you when you show up to meetup events. This is for everyone's safety. Please pick a picture where we can clearly see your face from the Meetup app.
7. When you come to an event, introduce yourself and your baby. Strike up a conversation with another mom. Be warm and welcoming. No one wants to be the loner in the corner. If you see that loner in the corner, go talk to her. Remember, we were all new once!
8. I'm going to welcome people to take TONS of pictures at Meetup events. These days are going to go by fast, so we need to take pictures to remember. If you don't want to be in the pictures, move and/or speak up! This group is private here on Meetup, so only members can see, so take pictures and upload to your heart's content!
9. Remember this is YOUR group! You are welcome to suggest away and host events! I can always use help getting moms together and hosting events in other areas of the South Bay!
10. Sarcasm is not welcome.
Haha! Just kidding ;)
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About South Bay Moms of 2013-2014 Babies||January 9, 2015 11:56 AM||anonymous|