South Bay Mountain Bike Group Message Board › Where do you want to ride this year?

Where do you want to ride this year?

Ray G
user 6609794
Group Organizer
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 40
As we close in on 900 members and over 350 group rides in such a short time, it has been fun.

South Bay Mountain Bike Group would now like your input on places you want to ride. We have rides on the calendar for Tahoe, Downieville, Yosemite, Mckenzie River Trail and all the awesome parks in our own back yard.

Lets hear what places are on your mind and maybe we can head there.

Ray G
organizer
Nancy
user 24458952
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 3
Maybe a weekend in Montana de Oro (San Luis Obispo)? They have a LOT of great single track!

And later in the summer (once the rivers go down), Andrew Molera State Park in Big Sur has a really nice hilly loop with great views (around 8 miles?) on single track.
Kevin M.
kmcmurtrie
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 6
Big Basin has a loop that can handle a large number of riders. HQ -> N Escape Rd -> Hwy 236 -> China Grade -> Johansen Rd -> Middle Ridge Rd -> Gazos Creek Rd -> HQ. When taken counter-clockwise, most of the climbing is on the start of the loop and on pavement. It's not technical but it's a long ride with changing scenery.
Ray G
user 6609794
Group Organizer
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 46
As I was looking at the ride calendar over the weekend...

South Bay Mountain Bike Group would like your input on places you may want to ride this year. Last year we had rides in Tahoe (twice), Downieville, Yosemite, Mckenzie River Trail (Bend) and all the awesome parks in our own back yard.

Let's hear what places are on your mind and maybe we can head there. Want to lead a ride at your favorite place?

Ray G
organizer
Michelle
turtle1969
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 24
Have I mentioned to you all how I feel about Bend? love struck love struck love struck

I plan to lead a mellow-paced ride in Downieville, and am bringing a floaty with cup holder for the river afterwards. cool
Armando
user 33889352
Oakley, CA
Post #: 9
The Rim trail ride was so awesome I would love to go there again and for me, you can never go wrong with Downieville. You already have a ride scheduled for this year that I would have suggested, Boggs Mountain. I look forward to that one in March.
Jim
user 12259747
Larkspur, CA
Post #: 64
CA:
Mendocino Coast
Boggs
Downieville
Tahoe

OR:
Bend
Kevin G.
KevinGreene
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 27
+1 for Bend and Downieville (both of which I missed in the past)
Ray G
user 6609794
Group Organizer
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 47
Hey Kevin, how about Las Vegas?
A former member
Post #: 4
Death Valley!!! Fly to Vegas and it's a 2 hour drive or drive directly in carpools - bout 7-8 hour drive. We could camp between rides :)