South Bay Mountain Bike Group Message Board › Gary Martin ~ Rest in Peace

Gary Martin ~ Rest in Peace

Ray G
user 6609794
Group Organizer
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 57
It is with a very heavy heart and much sadness that I need to let everyone know that our great friend, riding buddy and ride organizer, Gary, passed away this weekend. He was such a nice person with a kind word for everyone. He was the one to always ride at the back and keep us all together. He can not be replaced and will be missed by all that ever knew him. I will miss him.

Services will be this Saturday, I will keep all informed with the details in the near future.

Ray G

Michael
user 65257822
Union City, CA
Post #: 1
RIP, Gary...
Nancy
user 24458952
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 8
Every time I signed up for a ride, and noticed that Gary was signed up too, I thought, "Yay, Gary will be there!" He was such a warm, fun-loving, competent, reassuring presence. It was always, always fun to be around him. If we remember to smile, laugh at the little stuff, treat each other gently, and relish each ride and each day the way he did, we can keep his spirit alive. Gosh Gary, I will miss you!
Michelle
turtle1969
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 34
Same here Nancy. He was such a force, and so great to ride with. We hung out in the back of the pack a lot, and he meant the world to me. So kind, so fun, so encouraging and welcoming. He taught me humility and how to not take everything so seriously. He is simply irreplaceable. Rest in peace buddy.
David (.
djsmith
Santa Clara, CA
Rest in Peace Gary, I certainly will always remember his laugh, smile, and mad downhill skills.
Sam
user 73208222
Santa Clara, CA
My first ride with SBMBG was with Gary at Russian Ridge. We will miss you so much, RIP Gary.
Teresa C.
user 34601662
Menlo Park, CA
He will be missed. I always loved to see him on a ride.
larry p.
user 9224458
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 59
The few times I rode in the back with Gary, we talked shop as I knew he was a gear-head like me. He had such a great laid back personality that it was like talking to family... Ride Well and RIP My Friend, you will be missed.
naomi
user 14025966
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 4
Wow! This is a huge and completely unexpected loss. Like the others who tend to bring up the rear on climbs, I was so grateful for Gary's company, his smile, and his encouragement. I'm going to miss him. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Gary.
James O.
GotBikes
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 3
Gary.....

Keep Riding! I will always look for you on every ride as I know you will follow the Group and Keep our Spirits High....

My Friend!

Sincerely,

James