addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay Mountain Bike Group Message Board › Gary Martin ~ Rest in Peace

Gary Martin ~ Rest in Peace

Joe S.
user 16090281
Fremont, CA
Post #: 12
What incredibly sad news... Each ride Gary was like the caboose of our little SBMBG train - making sure all the rest of us made it through OK. We can all appreciate that he chose to spend his time with us and spend his time doing something he loved.
Jeffrey L.
user 28317892
Cupertino, CA
Post #: 1
Gary will be missed. I had the privilege of riding with multiple times in my short time with the group. Always cheerful, warm, and big-brotherly, Gary always looked after all the riders, stayed in the back, and metered for us on top of downhill runs. He embodied the fun and friendly attitude of South Bay Mountain Bike Group and those qualities are what make this group stand apart from other group rides (and other organizations for that matter).

RIP, Gary... I know you will still be riding with us.
Gabi
user 64840642
Aptos, CA
How tragic! I will miss my "back of the pack" buddy, who always encouraged me and kept me smiling. Rest in peace, Gary. I know that I will always feel your positive presence by my side.
Michele
user 8331882
San Jose, CA
Post #: 4
Heavy heart indeed...Gary was always such a reassuring presence on rides. He will definitely be missed.
Chris F.
user 12893400
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 3
So sad to hear. I haven't ridden with group as often as I'd like but when I did, it was always great to see Gary there. He was such a warm hearted person and always made you feel welcome.
He will be missed.
Ted L.
user 46119112
Santa Clara, CA
So sad to hear this. Gary was such a great guy, and to me he was one of the people who made SBMBG unique. I remember Gary was always cheerful, helpful, and resourceful. He will be missed.

R.I.P, Gary...
Mike J
user 74180272
Hayward, CA
Post #: 3
Such sad news. My heart goes out to Gary's family and friends. May his spirit be with us on all our rides.
Mony T
ny3tsai
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 5
Hi everyone,

Here is the info for the services as posted by Gary's Fiance Mary Katherine Hyrne:

To everyone who loves Gary...

A viewing will be held for him on Friday May 24, 2013 at:

Oak Hill Cemetary
300 Curtner Avenue
San Jose, Ca 95125
From 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm

Gary's funeral service will be Saturday May 25, 2013 at 12:00 Noon at:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
4977 San Felipe Road
San Jose, Ca 95135

A one hour viewing will be held beforehand at the same location.

Gary's final resting place will be in Paris, Idaho.
Flowers can be sent to:
Allen Hall Mortuary
34 East Center Street
Logan, Utah 84321
Via The Plant Peddlar (435)-753-0444
to be placed at his burial site.

I echo everyone's sentiments and I think it's a wonderful thing that we all share this love for Gary. The incredible thing is that for many of us he spent so little time outside of the group rides, but affected everyone who he came into contact with tremendously. Gary introduced me to the riding group and if weren't for him, my bike would still be collecting dust. When I first joined the group I was very leary of it because I wasn't sure my skill level could keep up with the group. It was Gary and the other leaders / organizers that really made me stick to it and ride consistently. I joined this group when it had something like 330 members. The group now has nearly 1500 members! I can bet that Gary had played a part in this growth along with the other leaders and organizers. We're all fortunate to have met him and those who called him a friend are truly blessed.
A former member
Post #: 2
This is a sad and shocking news to me, his absence will we be felt deeply among all of us. May god help his soul rest in peace.
Michelle
turtle1969
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 35
Amber has been accepting cash donations for flowers for Gary. DJ offered to let us use his Paypal account if you prefer to pay using that method.

His Paypal address is: Paypal@mypchelp.com

Donations are of course totally optional.

Thank you,

Michelle