South Bay Mountain Bike Group Message Board › Gary Martin ~ Rest in Peace

Gary Martin ~ Rest in Peace

Ziza Mares R.
user 31252622
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 1
I heard about the tragic news at the time I was away from US. I am shocked and still don't want to believe it. Stuff like this wasn’t suppose to happened to Gary! A Big, solid, always cheerful, with a warm genuine smile and words of encouragement, like a big-brother who looked after all of us.
Gary was a source of energy to me and so grate to ride with. He always stayed back with me and encouraged me to keep riding even when I felt tired and ready to give up. He made me to gain confidence and to ride the most technical part of the trial.

I’ll miss Gary’s company. My life was richer for having known him.
Ziza
Eric
user 46299982
Los Altos, CA
Post #: 1
I am so sorry to hear the news about Gary. I still remember the first time I met him. It was about a year ago when I first joined SBMBG. The ride was the Saratoga Gap on a beautiful evening. I liked Gary from the moment we met. He was genuine and had a very warm presence. Although the ride that evening was very strenuous, I’ll always remember the positive energy radiating from Gary. He was thrilled to be on that ride with the club. He had fully embraced the moment.

Since that defining introduction I’ve had only repeats of his positive, uplifting and encouraging presence. You were always a joy to have on rides and your presence will be missed.

Rest in Peace
Eric