Let's meet for coffee, etcetera, and talk about photography. This month's topic will be High Dynamic Range or HDR.
Let's get together and discuss the concepts and techniques behind high dynamic range (HDR) photography, a technique used to create images that have a wider range between the lightest and darkest areas of a scene than a digital camera can typically capture. Some of the topics we can explore as a group are:
- Understanding how the image sensor detects shadows
- Capturing a broader dynamic range
- Knowing when to use HDR
- Finding good HDR subject matter
- Using gradient masks to improve dynamic range
- Dealing with ghosting
- Reducing noise and correcting chromatic aberrations
- Handling HDR images that seem flat
- Combining HDR and LDR (low dynamic range)
- Creating an HDR time lapse
I'll bring printed copies of the listed topics. We can choose which ones to discuss as a group.
Hope you to see there!