The July 2013 SBSQE meetup will be led by the head of Soasta's mobile test automation product and is a seasoned QA Director, Fred Beringer. He's recently moved to the Bay Area, and he has a wealth of information and expertise to share.
About the meetup:
Mobile apps have brought a whole new set of challenges when it comes to testing: Fast paced development cycles with multiple releases per week, multiple app technologies and development platforms to support, tons of devices and form factors, and additional pressure from enterprise and consumers less patient with low quality apps. With these new challenges, come a new set of mistakes testers can make!
Fred has worked with dozens of mobile test teams to help them avoid common traps when building test automation for mobile apps.
Traps such as:
* Picking the wrong naming strategy for UI Elements when building cross-platform apps.
* Relying on time delays to deal with back-end calls response time.
* Run regression tests at irregular intervals.
* Testing on simulators vs real devices.
* Ignoring full end-to-end mobile performance testing.
In this talk, Fred will bring some real stories (struggles!) and how small changes in process made these mobile apps 10x more reliable!
Please RSVP to this event via our Eventbrite link:
As always, I'm looking forward to seeing old and new faces at the SBSQE meetup!