addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay War Games Message Board › Game Interest?

Game Interest?

Kirk B.
user 2541200
Parkville, MD
Post #: 2
I have quite a few games I'm interested in playing this year and wanted to see if there was interest in any so I can setup a session. Here are some:

Eclipse - never played yet but have heard good things
Twilight Struggle - played about 1 and 1/2 times but only 2 player
Europe Engulfed - played once, would probably work with 3 players
The Napoleonic Wars - played about 8 years ago at GMT West had a lot of fun

non war games also - Android Netrunner, etc.

Let me know and I can schedule something or suggest a game you have interest in.

We can play at my place but can't leave anything setup for games lasting more than one session. I live very close to Greg I believe.

thanks!
-kirk
Greg
user 36984792
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 24
Kirk,

I have also heard of Eclipse and I am interested in playing it. Do you have a copy?
I have Twilight Struggle; only two player as you state, so not a great game for the group.

We play several different strategy games. The three most recent are Arkham Horror, Space Alert and Battlestar Glactica.

I have room to set up games for multiple sessions. This allows playing some really large wargames that take several sessions. I have done that for miniatures as well.

Greg
Kirk B.
user 2541200
Parkville, MD
Post #: 3
Greg,

Yes, I have a copy of Eclipse. I'm interested in Arkham and Battlestar Galactica and I'd give Space Alert a try too. I have Arkham, played once a few years ago and also have Battlestar Galactica but never played. too many games and too little time.

I also have some of the new X-Wing miniatures if anyone is interested, played a couple small games so far, fairly light, fast and easy playing miniature game. A couple things I've purchases recently and would like to play one day:

A Few Acres of Snow
It Never Snows
Space Cadets
Malifaux miniature game

As you can see I'm all over the place game-wise.

-kirk
David
user 65194122
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Guys,

A lot of those games sound interesting to me, especially the Napoleonic Wars and Europe Engulfed.

I'm up for 1 on 1 games, too, sometime, if anyone's wanting to play something that isn't group-friendly.

David
Dan R.
user 11157991
Fremont, CA
Post #: 60
Would anyone be interested in playing Boot Hill by the late Gary Gygax. I have most of the things needed to play. I bought the board game "Cowboy" for the town over heads inside interiors. I down loaded from Juionr General paper flats and mounted them. Made up characters. Did Blazzing Saddle movie characters.

Let me know
Greg
user 36984792
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 25
Wow,

I actually have a first printing edition of Boot Hill! Played it a few times as a GM fo a RPG campaign.

Designed as an RPG, but could also be played as miniatures rules. Dan, do you have cowboy figures?
Kirk B.
user 2541200
Parkville, MD
Post #: 4
Dan,

I'd play, I bought Cowboys a long time ago but never played.

If anyone wants to try out X-Wing Star Wars miniatures game let me know, we've been playing once a week at work lunch time, it's fast, lightweight and fun.

Going to pick up the new Relic - Warhammer 40K board game, a talisman like game in the 40K universe too if there's any interest in giving it a try?

-kirk