Take a Step 150 Years into the Past ... [masked]
The Huntington Beach Historical Society is proud to host the 20th annual Civil War Days Living History and Reenactment in Huntington Beach Central Park on the 150th anniversary of the War Between the States.
- Visit "Reedsburg", the historic town of civilian folk to learn about daily life in the 19th century.
- Stop by the Historical Society tent for refreshments and visit the many sutlers to find a historic souvenir.
- Visit each army's camp to see the soldiers prepare for battle and rest up for the next fight.
- Watch each of the two heated battles each day, each battle is followed either by a weapons demonstration or a pass and review of both armies in front of President Lincoln.
- President Lincoln will now be giving his famous Gettysburg Address approx. 20 minutes after each battle.