Want to learn more about agile & Scrum but don’t have much time? Looking for peers to study with? A community of fellow practitioners to ask questions and grow our skill sets together?
Look no further than our brand new SFAA Agile Book Club,
kicking off the last week of May at Carecloud (thanks Dave!).
How it works:
1) Mark our first meeting on your calendar - Weds May 29, 7 pm.
2) Borrow, buy, or rent our first book club selection -
Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum
by Mike Cohn
3) Read Part 1 (chapters 1-5). Jot down your questions & comments on index cards.
4) Join us at CareCloud by 7 pm sharp, on Weds May 29.
5) We’ll break the ice with a quick game, discuss chapters we’ve read, share questions and ideas. Then as a group, we’ll decide what to read next and when to meet again. We’ll end sharply by 8:15!
6) Keeping it simple, so eat before coming :) BYO-everything (drink, book, and cards).
All are welcome, from the curious about agile to newbies to seasoned Agilists willing to share what they’ve learned and help build up our South Florida Agile community.
About our first book selection -
“Mike Cohn has done it again. Succeeding with Agile is based on his experience, and all of our experience, with agile to date. He covers from the earliest days of the project up to maturity and offers advice for the individual, the team, and the enterprise. No matter where you are in the agile cycle, this book has something for you!”
Ron Jeffries, www.XProgramming.com