South Florida JavaScript Meetup Group Message Board › Gauging interest in more meetings via the South Florida JavaScript Meetup Group

Gauging interest in more meetings via the South Florida JavaScript Meetup Group

Rey B.
reybango
Group Organizer
Pompano Beach, FL
Hey all,
My name is Rey Bango and I volunteered to take over this group since the previous organizer has asked for someone else to take it over. A little about me in case you're wondering why I might be able to drive this meetup:

• Former jQuery team member
  • Worked at Mozilla managing Firefox add-ons
  • Worked at Microsoft as the IE developer advocate
  • Lead the Developer Relations team at Telerik
  • Web Development Editor for Tuts+
  • 25 years in software development w/ about 14 of those focused on the web
  • Spoken at a lot of web dev events
  • I'm very passionate about JS, OSS and web development

So if you have any concerns about me organizing things, please feel free to let me know since nothing is set in stone at the moment.
Also, before I push on kickstarting this group again, I wanted to gauge your interest in still meeting up on a regular basis. If there's a strong desire to do it, then I'll start working on the logistics.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Rey
Craig S.
user 4095696
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Rey, I know it's work for you, but if you can pull something together, I'll do my best to attend. As I recall, you're based in the mid-Broward area. That would be way more convenient for me than Miami. Thanks.
Rey B.
reybango
Group Organizer
Pompano Beach, FL
Post #: 2
Thanks Craig. Yep I'm in Parkland so I'd prefer somewhere in between to make it convenient for everyone.
Jeff B.
user 33827902
Pompano Beach, FL
Seconded on interest and willingness to come. I always liked this meetup, I just never saw a venue emerge or regular meetups scheduled. I'm in Coral Springs, so I'm liking this convenience idea as well. ;)
gavin
user 96769182
Orlando, FL
Some where in Broward. Suggestion: NSU?? You are able to host events there? Code for FTL does.