Announcing a new Meetup for South Metro Singles!What
: renaissance festival OCT 2When
: Saturday, October 2,[masked]:00 AMWhere
: Minnesota Renaissance Festival
12364 Chestnut Blvd
Shakopee, MN 55379
We are Celebrating our 40th Birthday, Are You?
If you were born in 1970 we would like to offer you Free Admission to
the 2010 Minnesota Renaissance Festival.
Must present a valid ID at the box office to get your free ticket
October 1, 2 & 3
Motorcycle Weekend - $5 off with Motorcycle ID
Reg ticket price is $20.95 advance or online purchase is $17.95
They close at 7pm I don't know if I will be staying that late but if we are having fun it is very hard to leave early
We will meet out front by the large boulder.
This is the High seas adventure and 1st annual BBQ contest. weekend.
The Minnesota Renaissance Festival has over 16 Stages of continuous
I am not going to shop I am going to enjoy the performers please note that while children are welcome some of the acts are not suitable for young ears, use your best parental discretion.
50 FREE THINGS TO DO AT THE MINNESOTA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL!
SHAKOPEE-Minn., (Aug. 2, 2010) - With the cost of gas, food and living increasing everyday, people are no longer taking the time to ?live?. Saving money is the priority of most families and individuals as the busy summer season comes to an end.
What most people don?t realize is the easiness of FREE at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. The Festival, now in its 40th year, has some of the most reasonable prices for admission, food, souvenirs, and additional activities in the state.
?Competition is the key,? Jim Peterson said, owner of Mid-America Festivals, producers of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival and others throughout the nation.
?We understand that with a family of four an adventure like the Renaissance can become expensive, we do our best to be sure that the value is there,? Peterson said.
Here?s a list of 50 FREE things at the Renaissance Festival:
1. Free Parking
2. Hookah demonstrations
3. Watch the Joust
4. Pet an elephant
5. Beer Tasting
6. Wine Tasting
7. National Homebrew Competition
8. Watch Scratch the Begger hit himself with a pan
9. Wand making in the Children?s Realm
10. Play lacrosse with the Minnesota Swarm
11. Watch 15 stages of entertainment
12. Juggling school
13. Crafts in the Children?s Realm
14. Stroll the knoll
15. Mashed Potato Eating Contest
16. Visit The Secret Garden
17. Learn how to cook
18. Pie eating contest
19. Visit with the King
20. Bewitched by the belly dancers
21. Participate in the Spaghetti Eating contest
22. Watch the blacksmith make a sword
23. Take a nap in the shade
24. Visit the Scottish Village
25. Free vow renewals on Wine, Chocolate and Romance Weekend
26. Get a tan
27. Pet Fest
28. Window shop
29. Spend quality time with the family
30. Get a workout
31. Meet the King
32. Get a fairy stone from Twig
33. Watch the Highland Heavy Games Championships
34. Take Princess Lessons
35. Feed the animals at the petting zoo
36. Chocolate Festival
37. Pet Costume Contest
38. Watch Puke & Snot
39. Wine Festival
40. Learn how to belly dance
41. Hear the stories of a knight
42. Learn how to speak old English
43. Try on jewelry
44. Color at the Children?s Realm
45. Watch Glass Blowing
46. Play bocce ball
47. Learn how to cook with garlic
48. Take Courtly Dance Lessons
49. Healthy Living and Fitness Expo
50. FREE beer on Royale Ale Weekend
The 40th annual Minnesota Renaissance Festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 21 ? Oct. 3
and Friday, Oct. 1 from 9 a.m. ? 7 p.m., rain or shine. The festival is located on Hwy 169, three
miles south of Shakopee. Price of admission is $20.95 for adults; $11.95 for children 5-12; four and under is free; Pets $10.00 with photo. Discount tickets are available at participating Super America, Walgreens, and Whole Foods Market stores. Free Parking is provided by select Buick and GMC dealers. For more information, visit www.renaissancefest.com or call[masked]-7361.
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/South-Metro-Singles-MN/calendar/14558634/