This is technically an ?activity group?. It does happen to be geared towards singles. The goal is to get out and have fun and make new friends. However, if you happen to find a ?dateable someone? that is considered an added bonus. I do want to point out that while this is a group designed for singles, anyone is welcome to attend. So if you ask someone on a date (whether they are a member of this group or not) you are welcome to bring that person with to an event. I do ask that out of respect for others, you keep PDA?s to a reasonable minimum.
With that having been said, here are some basic guidelines if you do decide to ask someone out:
1. If you want to ask someone out please do so only after you have met them in person. Do not contact people through the website with the intention of asking them out if you haven?t met them.
2. If you receive an email from someone who is interested in you, please give them the courtesy of a response, even if it is to say ?no thank you?. This way they are not left wondering if you saw the email.
3. If you do not get an answer or you receive a ?no thank you?, please do not pursue the matter further. Politely accept the answer and move on. (Remember, no one wants to be considered a stalker)
4. A piece of advice: if you meet someone you think you would like to date, please wait a few events to see if there is a mutual indication of interest before asking them out. This will help avoid any awkwardness.
5. There is no set rule about asking people out. Some people may be looking for someone to date, others may not. Some people may be fresh out of a relationship and just not looking to date someone at this moment. Sometimes the only way to know is to ask.
Lastly, if anyone feels that someone is going overboard trying to contact them, please let me know and I can address the situation if needed. I don?t want anyone left feeling uncomfortable or that they need to skip an event based on who is going to be there.
If anyone has any questions or anything they would like to add, please feel free to replay to the group. However, emails to the group will sit in a "pending" status until one of the organizers approves it. (This prevents spam from going to the group).
Single, Separated,Divorced, couples, anyone young at heart and enjoys life!
If you like to socialize, make new friends, hike, walking, Zip Line, dance, BBQ's, parties, country music, 80's music, dining out, table for 4 or 6, blues music, outdoor concerts, variety music, boat cruises, book clubs, divorce and separation support, roller skating, picnics, tenting, flea markets, dueling piano's, live music, plays, theater, comedy clubs, biking, travel, support groups, happy hours, relationship builders, game nights, tubing, book discussion, boat cruises, movies, farmers market, Rock and Roll, Zoo's, Bon Fires, and everything else in between.
This group, is not centralized on one but many, YES many. Lets try new things, the more interests you have the more interesting you are and the conversations as well with the people around you. You have an idea share it or post it yourself. Anyone can post just send us a email to make you a event planner, you will be given suggestions on how to make it easier and how simple it really is.
Lets put ourselves out their to find new friendships, laughs, trying new things, by moving our selves into new rooms and socializing with different people.
Are Motto, no clicks allowed, we socialize with everyone, and I ask everyone to do the same.
Please check out Meetup Mania this is the organizer Kerri's main meetup group and their will be many more activities planned on her main site all over.