4505 S. Alston Ave., Durham, NC
Are you a foodie or a locavore? Do you like to eat great homemade food? Here in Durham, we Epicureans are everywhere, and South Regional Library has a new group just for us!
It’s called a Cookbook Club, and it goes like this:
• The group meets once a month (on the first Thursday at 7 p.m.)
• Each month, one (or two!) members pick their favorite cookbook from which to share food with the group.
• If it is your month, you select TWO recipes from your cookbook. At least one must be vegetarian.
• Before your designated Thursday, you prepare the food for TWELVE people. (If you need to do day-of prep in the library, just let the librarian know!)
• You bring the food (and a copy of the book) to South Regional Library at 7 pm. (We provide food containers for transport, dishes, and some basic beverages, as well as extra copies of the book.)
• Everyone eats the food, and you get to tell them about the cookbook (background, why you like it, what could better about the book.)
• When it is not your turn to cook (which will be most months), you just show up and eat the delicious food provided by another group member!
Sounds pretty great, right? It’s a chance to eat awesome, home-cooked food and meet new people for next to no money, as well as learn about new cookbooks the best way possible – by trying the food!
A few administrative things:
1.) Registration IS required, and you may register by calling[masked] or going to the online form here: http://bit.ly/MbTJHz. Please specify your dietary restrictions in the Notes section when registering.
2.) Anyone may attend their first meeting WITHOUT any food and can still eat! However, if you attend a second meeting, you must sign up for a night during that second meeting.
3.) PLEASE formally cancel if you cannot make it.
For more information, please call[masked]