align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

South Shore Rock Climbers Message Board › Too few ropes

Too few ropes

Rudy B.
user 46824442
Jamaica Plain, MA
Hi friends,

So far, nobody has confirmed that they will be bringing another rope or extra static line.  Unfortunately, unless one of you has been holding out on me and is bringing a rope in secret, or somebody else with a rope confirms that they'll be going, we're going to have to decide to either boot the last three people to sign up off of the trip, or to postpone for another weekend when more members with ropes can go, or both.  If you have a rope and/or static line, please let me know.  Due to the nature of the climbing in this area, it will take longer to set up toprope anchors and to transition people on and off of the climbs, especially if members of the group are new to the more advanced techniques required here.  Six people sharing one rope is no fun under the best of circumstances; under these conditions, it will be untenable.

My apologies,

-Rudy