South Shore Rock Climbers Message Board › Hurricane Sandy's Destruction

Hurricane Sandy's Destruction

Roni
ShabuPanda
Waltham, MA
Post #: 78
Hey Everyone,

I generally try not to post anything for solicitation. However, this one is personal... as some of you may know I'm originally from Long Island and when Hurricane Sandy hit, it hit a lil too close to home.

Because of this, most of my hometown has been destroyed. Luckily my family lived just beyond the border of the evacuation zone and the only damaged sustained for us personally is just wind damage. However, my neighbors and friends didn't get so lucky. Some of them no longer have a home and if they do, it's severely damaged. Currently, the area looks like warzone and doesn't look like a hurricane went through, but instead a tornado with lots of flooding.

I've started an initiative to try to help rebuild my town. Here is the website I'm using to raise funds along with some photos and videos; and if you'll notice, there's actually a raffle going on which includes a 4-day gym pass to Rock Spot Climbing!

http://www.gofundme.c...­

Additionally, I'm going to be heading back to the island the weekend of the 17th to see if I can volunteer with anything. Since I'm doing this, I'm also looking for anyone that may have any donations such as clothes, food, supplies, sleeping bags, new undergarments/socks, coats, blankets. Anything would help, since so many have lost everything!

What makes me sad the most is that most of my friends and the community will no longer have homes for them to spend their holidays with. Memories are gone. And now the temperatures are starting to get low, I hope they are keeping warm some how, whether it be with friends, a generator, etc.

Please consider joining me in my efforts to help rebuild my hometown.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Roni