Carlos
krloss
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
I was wondering if any of you guys was interested in going to concerts. I know they can be expensive, but sometimes you don't go to a concert simply because you don't have someone to go with (especially if most of your friends don't have your same taste in music biggrin... or have kids already). Anyhow, check out these two concerts coming to this area:

Muse, Silversun Pickups
Friday, April 2nd @ the Key Arena

Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, and Sick Puppies
Friday, May 7th @ the Tacoma Dome

So let's use this thread to post your opinions and also for proposing any other concert you might be interested in.

Let me know what you think.

-Carlos
A former member
Post #: 1
I've been going to concerts alone for awhile lol. But being that I don't meet people easy (I'm shy) the few I do know, aren't into rock like I am. Last 2 years I've been routine with Mayhem Festival. Did Mayhem and Crue last year. Then a few other concerts previously.

I usually avoid the ones in the Seattle area, I despise driving there. Went to see NIN at Key Arena and vowed if I ever go back I am not driving. But I'm up for going to either one of those...though the Key Arena one someone else will have to deal with the traffic biggrin
Carlos
krloss
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
Thanks for the reply Lea, you could give us some tips about the concert scene in this area biggrin.

Went to see NIN at Key Arena and vowed if I ever go back I am not driving.

Sweet, how was that concert? I agree on the driving, last december I didn't go to the Metallica concert 'cause I was too lazy to drive up there. But maybe I'll drive if people come along lol.
Cody
user 11149140
Olympia, WA
Yeah, concerts would be fun! I'd be interested in going to both of those. I have one suggestion as well - anyone heard of a band called The Senate? They're from Seattle originally, and they're a rock band with two guitars and a bass (not a bass guitar, but the kind of bass you'd find in an orchestra). They're on iTunes, so you can preview some of their stuff and see if you like their style.

Anyway, they're playing Saturday, February 6th at the Triple Door in Seattle.
A former member
Post #: 2

Sweet, how was that concert? I agree on the driving, last december I didn't go to the Metallica concert 'cause I was too lazy to drive up there. But maybe I'll drive if people come along lol.

Visually, it was the best concert I've been to (course they rocked their songs too). Not sure what it was, but they had string type things hanging down like a curtain that played video to the music. At one point it was just Trent with a mic, and his face was on the screen as he sang. Can't describe it, it was just badass.

I drive a stick, so getting off the Freeway and making it to the concert on stop and go traffic killed my legs. Add to that loosing my way to the parking garage after, and getting lost to the freeway!

Don't know to much about the concert scene though, I just routinely check Ticketmaster and Live Nation for upcoming events.
A former member
I love Nickelback. I would definitely go. They usually sell out fast so once someone knows they are going on sale we need to get together and purchase tickets. It might be easy just to give one person the money and then they can purchase the tickets to ensure we all get seats together. I have a ways to drive so even if its half way I would like to carpool. Gina
Carlos
krloss
Portland, OR
Post #: 17
Yeah, I also think the easiest way would be to give the money to one person in order to get the seats together. I could drive... I can fit 4 people in my car =)
Stephanie
user 5492480
Olympia, WA
How come I didn't realize there was a freakin' message board? I would love to go to concerts--actually going to David Rawlings Machine with a couple friends at Oly Film Society next week. Think there are still tickets left (open seating) if anyone wants to join. I often go for the more folk-y shows, but I heart arena rock sometimes. :) Saw Radiohead (my FAVORITE) and Pearl Jam recently-- I would definitely be up for the Muse/Silversun Pickups show! I'm going to post this on the noodlist list, too so Carlos can read it twice. :)
Carlos
krloss
Portland, OR
Post #: 21
I'm going to post this on the noodlist list, too so Carlos can read it twice. :)

and I'm not gonna post my reply on this one so you have to go to the other board to read it tonguebiggrin
Carlos
krloss
Portland, OR
Post #: 34
tickets for these two events are on sale already:

For Muse and Silversun Pickups:

• SEATS IN LOWER LEVEL OF ARENA: US $60.16

• GENERAL ADMISSION ON FLOOR/NO SEATS!: US $60.16

• SEATS IN UPPER LEVEL OF ARENA: US $39.64 - US $49.90

• SEATS CLOSE TO TOP OF ARENA: US $39.64 - US $49.90

Seating chart:

For Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown and Sick puppies (this concert will be bad ass devilish ):

• RESERVED SEATING: US $43.00 - US $73.00

• GENERAL ADMISSION-NO CHAIRS-STANDING ROOM ONLY: US $73.00

Seating chart:

Let me know how close to the stage you prefer to be for both concerts and if you prefer to buy seat tickets or just general admission tickets. I have no preference, but for the nickelback concert, I would suggest to get seat tickets; it will probably get crazy at the GA floor biggrin