This meeting is for those of you that would be interested in creating a live holiday wreath that can hang outside your home (on a door, a porch, etc.). This will be a potluck, so be sure to bring a dish and a few supplies for making the wreaths. Elaine has graciously offered to host our group for a fun time making Holiday wreaths.
Last year our living wreaths (if hung on an exterior door or outside) lasted until February!
Be sure to dress warmly as we may be outside for a bit!
Elaine has purchased the wreath rings for this event and will have them available if anyone needs. Each ring costs $1.50 , there will be plenty to go around, as her minimum purchase was 25 rings. If she has enough greens, you can make a second wreath!
She will have a hot hearty soup and beverages. Any complimentary sides are welcome. Rolls/bread would be great too. Dessert is always welcome at my house. :)
Things to bring (Our list from last year):
- Bring whatever embellishments interest you, whether they are natural items you gather or ones you buy (ornaments, ribbon, yarn, etc.)
- Additional live plant material or greens that you would like to add.
- Gloves (to handle the greens on the form)
- Pruning Shears or Clippers (to cut the greens to the form)
- Needle Nose Pliers (to attach the greens to the form)
- Floral wire
-found objects and/or natural materials such as twigs, leaves, acorns, pinecones, grapevines, bittersweet berries or vines, holly, mistletoe, milk pods, feathers, rusty tin wire or shapes, dried hydrangeas or other flowers, herbs, dried grasses, cinnamon sticks, cat tails, small succulents from the garden, bird’s nests