We are an active and thriving humanist group that uses Meetup as just one of the ways in which people can find and interact with us. So don't be put off if it appears here on Meetup that only one or two people plan to go to an event! Our monthly humanism meetings at the "Old Ship" pub in Richmond are always well-attended and you're assured of a good welcome, regardless of whether you're coming just as a one-off or are sure this is the group for you . Meetings are free and open to anyone who shares our views, or thinks they may actually be a humanist but wants to explore humanism further.
Scroll down this page to see everything that's going on.
And there's much more about us on our website:
We are active supports of the Richmond Inclusive Schools Campaign
At its simplest, humanists are people who think you can live a good life without religious or superstitious beliefs. South West London Humanists aims to:
• provide a means for like-minded people in the area to meet and a forum for the discussion of humanist values, principles and relevant subjects;
• raise local awareness of humanist perspectives;
• campaign locally for respect for those who seek to live ethical and responsible lives without religious or superstitious beliefs, and against religious privilege;
• undertake appropriate charitable activities;
• do so in a way that is welcoming, tolerant and enjoyable.
We're affiliated to the British Humanist Association.