The Guitar Showcase Open Mic is an excellent opportunity to meet and perform with a great group of local musicians. The casual atmosphere makes it easy whether you want to showcase your musical talents, polish your repertoire or just test new ideas and material.
This event repeats every two weeks. Check calendar for dates. We'll try to post bulletins if the event will be canceled on a given date. In any case, it is always a good idea to verify.
Guitar Showcase Open Mic:
• Every other Monday from 6:00 until 7:30.
• Group meets in the Acoustic Guitar room on the 2nd floor of Guitar Showcase.
• The room includes a stage with PA, mics and seating for the audience.
• Format is round-robin in order of arrival.
• Artists normally play two songs at a time, repeating as time allows.
There are a few things about this meetup that are a little different:
- The walls are lined with an extremely wide range of instruments. You are encouraged to use them in performances. Discover how your playing style matches up with different instrument designs.
- There is no expectation here that you will buy an instrument but it is an excellent opportunity to put an instrument to the test in a live setting if you are in the market.
- You are very welcome to bring and play your own instrument. The shop requests that cases be left downstairs.
- John McFarland is the group organizer for the event. Please feel free to send questions and comments.