Let's revisit Land of Medicine Buddha in Soquel. Due to distance from Silicon Valley, this one starts at 9. We'll cover the 5.5 mile loop and also explore a spur into Nisene Marks.
Distance: 7+ miles
Max Climb: 600 feet over 1.5 miles
Bring lunch - at the end of the hike we'll enjoy our lunch among the Buddhist shrines.
Driving Directions: should take less than 45 minutes from Los Gatos.
- Hwy 17 to Santa Cruz
- Hwy 1 south about 4 miles to Porter Street (next exit after 41st)
- Porter Street north to main intersection with Soquel Dr.
- right on Soquel Dr., 0.2 mile to Main St.
- left on Main St., then park in church lot on right
- Due to restricted parking, we will meet at the church parking lot at Main St. and Soquel Dr. in the village of Soquel and carpool from there. The church is a traditional white church with spire; it is located on Center St. (the next block after Main St.); if you drive to Center St., simply turn left and left again on Parrish Lane, then drive back to Main St. and find us in the big parking lot. (To see this on a map, search for Parrish Lane, Soquel, CA).
If you already have a full car, please drive on to Land of Medicine Buddha.
- 0.7 mile north on Main St.
- right turn onto Glen Haven Rd.
- 0.4 mile then slight right onto Prescott Rd.
- Drive up hill to parking lot.
CARPOOL: 8:00 at the Los Gatos Park and Ride. From Highway 17, exit on Saratoga/Los Gatos Road and go two blocks. The park and ride is just past University Avenue (but before Santa Cruz Ave.) on the right.
Hike Description: We start at the bottom and go clockwise. The red trail on the right is in Nisene Marks.