The book is The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox
Please come dressed as a witch in honor of Halloweeen.
- I set you to attending. If you cannot make it please change your RSVP in Meetup not through email.
- The hostess purchases food based on the RSVP so DO NOT cancel the day of the book club except for a REALLY good reason.
- Once in a while we do a potluck special event but you will be notified. We can discuss if we want to change back to potluck for next year.
- Please read the book (ME TOO!)
- When it's your month please make 3 choices that are available at the library and not newly published.
- Please reply to the book choice email and pick ONE book. Some people like to purchase the book early and we are waiting for the votes to come in.
- I usually add the book club to the calendar after the vote and send the book club choices out the week before. The choice goes out with the address for the month. If I forget to add the monthly meetup to the calendar or don't send the address, a gentle email reminder will work.
Do I sound like a meetup witch? Well organizing is a thankless job but someone has to do it. People complain if you have rules you stick to and people complain if people are not courteous.
Thanks for reading to the bottom! The magic word to get in is PERKY so if you don't know it I'll know you didn't read all the way to the bottom.