Help us serve a hot meal to the homeless and assist with the grocery store!
We will be meeting at the Christ's Body Ministries building to combine food at 12:00pm. We will be providing the hot meal as well as helping with the grocery store set-up. We will drive over to another location to serve the food and should be done around 3:00pm.
Be sure to eat before you come as we won't be done until 3:00pm or later. Also, dress warmly as we will be serving the food outside!
We need folks to bring the following, cooked and ready to serve!
- 5 lbs beef stroganoff (5 people)
- Noodles to serve 25 folks (3 people)
- Steamed and buttered Broccoli to serve 25 folks (3 people)
- Green Salad and dressing to serve 25 folks (3 people)
- Dessert to serve 25 people (3 people)
- OPTIONAL: If everyone brings a batch of bananas, bag of apples, or bag of oranges, this can be contributed to their grocery store set up (see below) but is NOT required.
PLEASE NOTE IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW WHAT YOU WILL BRING SO AS TO AVOID REPEATS. THANKS! : ) Drinks will be provided by the shelter.
We will be combining the food at our first location then driving over to a parking lot to serve the food near York and Colfax. We will also be helping the shelter organize a grocery store for the homeless as well while we are there, so this will be a part of our prep time before we go over to the parking lot to serve the hot food.
If you DO RSVP, please know that we are counting on you to pitch in and bring food. The shelter we work with downtown is relying on us to provide enough food for 70+ homeless folks, so when you change your RSVP at the last-minute, it makes us panic a bit. : ) If you cannot make it last-minute, can you PLEASE find a way to get the food to us at least? THANKS!
If you can't attend the event and would just like to contribute food, please contact Amanda at [masked].