Southbay Permaculture Message Board › First Southbay Permaculture Meeting Deemed a Success!

First Southbay Permaculture Meeting Deemed a Success!

A former member
The first ever Southbay Permaculture Meetup Group gathered this evening at the Vegetarian House on Santa Clara Street in downtown San Jose. In attendance were 9 1/2 members. Most people arrived on schedule (6pm), but a few were late :( Nonetheless, the organizer, Nancy, has stated that the meeting was a great success. "We all got along really well. I think I like everyone, even Thomas."

After everyone introduced themselves, they proceeded to take on the menu, a potentially daunting task. Nancy quickly took the defensive and decided to order the wanton soup, and not even look further. In being questioned about her decision she said, "I've had this before, it's REALLY good." The others made quick progress and the meal was ordered without a lot of agonizing.

Cordial banter was maintained throughout the evening, and everyone had a chance to share their own interest in this group as well as a little about themselves. Geraldine has 2 rescue dogs she fostered, and interestingly has been banned from being a foster parent EVER again. Where Sidny lives, there is a community garden, and she offered to have a future meeting there. The consensus was that Nancy thought this is a good idea. Chris offered information about the Transition Movement, specifically "Transition San Jose" which he started a few months ago. When asked about it, he said, "It's me and another person. A few others come and go." Verdette seems to be an expert salesperson. It appears Nancy is secretly planning to bring these skills to the group...."Soon, very soon...along with Christine's husband, who was a city planner, whose name I can't remember...ummm...ya know..Thomas's father...," she embarrassingly confessed, while Christine graced everyone with her divine light.

Jesse and his wife ate all the food and drank all the tea. None of the others said anything.

In the end, they decided to meet again 1x or 2xs a month. Nancy will post an announcement. She invited everyone to post meetups for events related in the area. She said she thinks members can post a meetup themselves, but isn't sure. "I can't see anything here in this meetup stuff that tells me anything."
Heart P.
Heart_Portal
San Jose, CA
Post #: 11
Thanks for the update, sorry I couldn't make it (previous commitment)
Looking forward to next meeting.