Southeast Magento Meetup Message Board › Conversation Topics from March 6th Meeting

Conversation Topics from March 6th Meeting

A former member
Post #: 3
Just thought I'd document some of the info that surfaced at last nights meeting.

Website Resources

eCommerce
getelastic.com

SEO
seomoz.org
distilled.net

Rich Snippets
schema.org

Marketing
hubspot.com

Speed Tests
rigor.com - our new friends from Atlanta
webpagetest.org

Magento Extentions
Abandon Cart Pro
Tinybrick - Lightspeed
commerce bug

Magento Blogs & Message Boards
inchoo.net
classyllama
e-commerce webdesign
addoa creative
yoast.com
gxjansen.com
alan storm
Stack Overflow

Tips

Loading images
I'm not sure how everyone else prepares their image for magento, but I usually reduce them to 600x450 for landscape and flip the dims for portrait in photoshop express and then save it using save for web under the file menu. Using this process I have not run into any issues.

Other suggestion were to populate image attributes with product name, description, and sku.

Next Meeting

We agreed that we'd to meet in April, so send in your ideas for discussion topics.

Feel free to comment and add anything I missed.

Cheers,

Steve
olivia w.
vylynn
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
Here are some of the issues with imaging that others have run into with 1.6 and other versions according to a quick google search

http://www.google.com...­ .

The dull uploader does not work for some of us. I have found work arounds for the upload issue but it seems to be a multiversion issue.

Thank you very much for summarizing the above information. I really appreciate it. The meeting was very informative and I will see everyone in April.
Tareq M.
user 13141961
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 14
Olivia I would recommend you upgrade to 1.6.2. 1.6 is not very stable.. I think everyone seems to enjoy the discussion so I might make a meetup for discussions only.