align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Southend Philosophy Group Message Board › New venue! Halloween cocktails and conversation this Sunday!

New venue! Halloween cocktails and conversation this Sunday!

Sherry
user 55426002
Westcliff-on-Sea, GB

Hi all,

I've changed our October meeting venue (this Sunday!) to The Mews - which looks like an interesting and hopefully fairly quiet venue - in the centre of Southend.

Bacchus looks wonderfully quirky, but, although I respect choices about what people want to eat and so forth, the cruelty involved in creating foie gras upsets me so much that I wasn't comfortable patronising a venue that serves it.

Being the Sunday afore Hallowe'en, I thought we could converse about all this mystical. Perhaps mysticism as the pre-cursor to philosophy and the importance of magical thinking to otherwise rational humans.

And also; have a nice cocktail and generally a pleasant time with interesting company.

I do hope you can make it!

Best wishes,

Sherry x

When: Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:30 PM

Where: The Mews Bar
2 Nelson Mews, Southend on Sea, SS1 1AL
Southend on Sea

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.