align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › OCT. 17th WESTSIDE MEETUP TO BE A BASIC 101 CLASS"S TO THE FAR 404"

OCT. 17th WESTSIDE MEETUP TO BE A BASIC 101 CLASS"S TO THE FAR 404"S ON PERPPING WITH LOT"S OF Q&A

Luke K.
user 41485972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 112
As one of the asst. organizers I hear the concerns of our new members (NEWBEE'S) that our monthly meetings seem to be towards more advanced topics. So I have taken it upon myself to offer a Basic 101 Prepping Class, with followup meetings. How many weeks ? Not There yet! But I do know it will be like going to school again. Their will be a text book and recommended reading materials this will allow us to stay in a structured method of covering all the necessary topics that all have to come together in a plan for your survival. A list of some but not all the subjects covered in the class will be.
Planning for how many how long
Mental preparedness and survival attitude, staying alive
Food storage where to begin
Water storage and how much for how long
Medical needs & Basic First Aid
Shelters, Bugging in and Bugging out
Cooking needs
Security, self defense, awareness
Clothing needs
Light sources
Electrical Power sources
Heating / Cooling
The need for sleep
Financial needs
Communication
Special needs
Creating a survival network
Transportation methods, Making travel routes
Creating scenario's, the what if's and what would I do.
The goal of the class is to start you on your way, show you how to check your progress.
When your ready for 202,303,404,ect Prepping never ends till SHTF day happens.
THEN IT'S TRIAL BY FIRE !!!!

1st update 1/26/13
I have been looking at several different Basic Preparedness books to find the best to teach this class. One that could be called the Bible for preppers. Basics to the most advanced One that will last as a reference for years. I have decided one one and contacting the author about using as the main text for the class, and a good price buying directly from the author. Classes will be held in meetings rooms at library's weekly moving weekly around town, not always on the same day of the week, nor the same time of day. The class will be 2 hours long in 2 parts the first will cover past classes, progress reports, Q&A. Break the 2 part will be new material and assignments. I am hopping that this forum will allow for late sign ups by new members just joining the class to be assimilated in and for those who need to miss a class to catch up the next class. So that over the period of the class if one missed several meetings they would still come out with all the BASIC 101'S of Prepping.. I am looking for our first meetup of all who wish to sign up to be the first week of March. I do need to know how many will be taking the class to order the text book (which is not required you can bring a book of your own to read on the subject of the day), Believe me when you see the book I have chosen you will want one and putting in one order I hope to get the best price, even better than AMAZON $ 46.
Those who are sure you want to attend and be in the class post your request and I will E-mailing you with conformation in the order of your request, Several have already posted you I will be E-mailing first.

2nd Update textbooks are here I will be at the North Side meetup Feb. 9th between 10 & 11 to sell to any of the 16 students and members who signed up for the first, case purchase. I will have them also at the regular monthly meeting Feb. 14th and will pass them out after meeting so not disrupt the speaker. ( who could get something new and not want to look at it right a way not me so in respect after the meeting). Before and at the begining I will show and let members who haven't sighed up to order on the first case buy to put their order in for the next deadline of Feb. 21st at midnight for a March 1st delivery. $ 30 cash please.

Luke King
P.S. This post will be updated as it comes together from a idea to a plan to a class meeting.
A former member
Post #: 100
Luke, That is a great idea. Good luck with the attendance.
K-Bay
user 49517262
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 41
Wonderful! I don't think attendance will be an issue! Often, people begin and are gung-ho, then begin dwindling off due to "life" or something else fills their needs more. So many of us now believe this is critical info and time is short, so I suspect "if you build it, we will come" (to class) :-)
Ross M.
user 75787792
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
Being a newbie I would be very interested in these class's.
A former member
Post #: 113
Luke I am so happy you were chosen to be on the leader team... You are a man with sooo much information and tons to offer such an asset to the group. This class sounds wonderful and I know you will do a GREAT job teaching it. You go!!!!
A former member
Post #: 2
Looking forward to it. It's just what I was looking for. Thanks, Karen
A former member
Post #: 8
Wow, Luke, sounds like your class will be incredibly informative! Sure do appreciate you caring enough to step up and do this!
A former member
Post #: 112
Wish I didn't live so far out. Thanks Mr. Luke
jH...
Rebecca M.
user 68429652
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 3
LUKE AND PREPPERS,
SIGN ME UP AND TELL ME WHERE.
Jennifer
user 20654681