align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › STUDENT'S of BASIC'S 101 "DARE TO PREPARE" Class Schedule for the

STUDENT'S of BASIC'S 101 "DARE TO PREPARE" Class Schedule for the WORKSHOP CLASS MEETING 5th UPDATE 3/31/2013

Ronni
user 72519982
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 21
Just to alleviate any concerns, I have been in contact with King Luke about taping the classes and the only concern was the lack of available technology with which to achieve this. The idea was to make it a "members only" accessible video so people who would like to attend the classes but were unable, could still benefit from King Luke's infinite well of wisdom and still be better prepared when (not if) the SHTF....I would never option this without first consulting with him smile
Ronni
user 72519982
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 22
Additionally, the topic of anonymity is completely out the window as access to this site, the conversations and everyone involved in every conversation is limited only by who can access it's content which, basically, means anyone anywhere can access it by signing up to be a member and then is privy to everything, including when and where the classes are being held. I don't think taping them compromises security anymore than reading through the posts does. I understand the whole "security" concern, however, I think the primary focus here it to help as many people as possible be more prepared for the inevitable and making the information more accessible to those of us who live in the NW and farther areas from the site of the classrooms is beneficial to the extreme. I will acquiesce to the majority vote though.....
Luke K.
user 41485972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 129
Well, this is awful. I'm going to be gone the entire month of March. Will you be doing it again?

Karen : Yes I planned on it that is why I said in the post Sat April 13 work shop & BBQ End of first semester. Their will always be new members who will want to know the BASICS, and some returning students who want to learn even more will be able to refresh and add to their BASICS. And help the newer NEWBEES by hearing of their progress. This first time class is like a quick jump start of info with follow up's for those who need it.
Luke
P.S. Its still up in the air about taping the class, I have some idea's about it both pro & con.
Jennifer
user 20654681
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 148
The idea of anonymity would be out the window if it were posted on u-tube. Also, individuals in the class may not wish to have their images strune across the internet. There are some of us that have security and safety concerns other than the possibly of being surveilled on by Big Brother. I doubt the individuals in either camp would like to be called extreme for their reasons for privacy.

Also, the people who choose to post on the discussion board have editorial control over what they write and post. It is an individual choice what one chooses to share or not.

Outside of our meetings as I am socializing with a member of the group. I respect their anonymity and don't "out" them as a prepper or member of this group to my other acquaintances. It's just common courtesy and respect. If they want to self identify- it is their business.

A former member
Post #: 10
Luke, I look forward to attending the upcoming classes. I would also like to order 2 more books if possible. Thank you!
Linda
user 47683912
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 35
Thanks for the schedule Luck.

I think people will be more hesitant to ask questions & discuss subjects if it is videoed. I can't guarantee that I will make every class but I will have my book as a backup.
Luke K.
user 41485972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 130
101 class this is my first endeavor at teaching, I will be nervous enough and am not ready to have a camera on me also. Not to say it will never happen but not this first class.
Luke
A former member
Post #: 16
While it is true that a benefit of this group is to share information with others when we choose to, it is not more important than a persons privacy. The monthly meetings allow a gathering that fosters the opportunity to meet "like minded" individuals. After which independent get togethers may be pursued and personal information may be shared if desired. I think Luke has stated his preferences as well.
Ronni
user 72519982
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 23
It's all good. I just thought the option of presenting the class to those of us who (by work schedule or location) are unable to attend the classes in person would be helpful. I think the class sounds like a great idea and will benefit many people. Wish I could be part of it but, due to my work schedule and living in the NW area of town, it's not likely to happen. Maybe the next go round.....
K-Bay
user 49517262
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 83
In order to have everyone feel comfortable asking their questions, I personally don't think video taping this type of class is in anyone's best interest. Personally, I would prefer not to have my face or my husband's on some YouTube video. We all have seen some really inappropriate editing of things that in reality were quite benign. I would probably not take the class if it were video taped. And I would also ask that those with cell phones not video tape the class. The one exception I could see would be if Luke wanted someone to video tape (only) him as a way for him to learn more about his presentation style and have a record of it for himself to review for upcoming classes. He would have to own the video for his exclusive use only in my opinion. Or he could use it for the benefit of his upcoming classes.