addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Mike Z.
user 78151032
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
I apologize in advance for my rambling, but here it goes. Prices and scarcity being what they are, stocking up has become a chore. An expensive chore. Is this shortage temporary? I don't know, I'd like to think so, but what if it's not? At, first I was appalled at the price increase. "they're dreaming if they think I'm going to pay that much for 5.56", I'd said. But, everyone else did pay that and now there's very little if any to buy. So now what? Is a $1 a round the new norm for 5.56? Bulkammo.com has some at that price, I'd just rather not spend 1000 bucks at a time, or even the 420 at time. I guess what I'm wondering, is there anyone that would like to go in on some ammo with me? Prices are what they are, and I'm still stocking up, I'd just rather do it 100 or 200 at a time, not 1000. If so let me know soon, I have an ichey trigger finger when it comes to online purchases. I'm also looking for 22lr, and 9 mm. My 9mm stash is especially pitiful.
Dave
user 32965972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 17
The Ace Hardware store on Houghton near Valencia, purchased over $400,000 worth of ammo at the Shot show in January. He was able to purchase at the 2012 prices. He is not gouging prices at all. Go and see the manager Tim. Get on his list for bulk ammo. Last week he got in a pallet and a half of ammo. Most went to the people on his list. He does have a good selection of ammo. Currently, no more 5.56 or 223. just get on his list. He also is working on getting his FFL and they're adding a 2-3 story gun shop on to the building.
Harold H.
user 61112322
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 25
For 9mm ammo, try Slash K Guns and Custom Ammo, 3156 E. Ajo Way. They manufacture their own and it's in stock and reasonably priced. They also have reloading supplies.
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 32
Thanks for the information, guys!
Beckie
A former member
Post #: 48
http://www.pricklypearammoandreloading.com/­

Here in Tucson and awesome guys to work with.
James
user 7981064
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 97
Woe there less then 5 min from my place n I never knew they were there! I'm so stopping in next day off
Sean H.
user 81498572
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
Dave, The Ace Hardware store on Houghton was great stopped by and stocked up Thanks for the info
Dave
user 32965972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 18
Your welcome Sean, I see your on this side of town....we will have to get together sometime.
Sean H.
user 81498572
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 2
Sounds good. I love it out here. Even this snow haha
Joe P.
Group_curmudgeon
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 140
The good news is the panic buying is dying down. The bad news is according to SAAMI sources, ammo supplies will be wonky until late summer. I also recommend Prickly Pear and Slash K as they roll their own. This should be a warning to all of those who do not reload. Once this is over, to self sufficient and learn how to reload. I stocked up on components over the years and have no ammo worries right now.