addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › water storage

water storage

A former member
Post #: 7
http://tucsonbobcat.c...­ stopped in on saturday. talked to the owner. very nice guy. storage tanks like new. all are food grade.
Chris
user 58129282
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 59
I have purchased a couple from him in the past (great guy - lots of good equipment) - great tanks for Aquaponics or you can purchase a $25 adapter to hook up a garden hose (you can get a hose to 3/4 in PVC connector at Home Depot and adapt away from there for whatever you need). However the tanks have butterfly not ball valves and I have been told that they have a tendency to wear out very quickly. If you do not plan on opening and closing the valves a lot (i.e. filling up 5 Gal or 1 Gal containers) these are ok or you can purchase an adapter or rig a secondary valve. Do not get me wrong - I will be purchasing more tanks here for finishing my Auqaponics system, I just do not feel these are the best option for personal water storage without a bit of finagling (to me it makes more sense to spend $5-$15 more for the ball valve tanks).

The ball valve tanks I have connect to a 2 in standard threaded PVC from Home Depot, with a reducer to 3/4 in I placed a secondary ball valve inline before the hose, just in case. You have to look around for the ball valve tanks - I would suggest Craigs list or the Meetup Aquaponics site.