Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › Bug Out Time?

Bug Out Time?

A former member
Post #: 8
How many folks know about the Tucson City Council Resolution 22006, SECRETLY passed on February 20th and effective immediately. It is a declaration of Martial Law for the city of Tucson. Very few people know about this, but it is official. This happened 2 days after McCain's visit. And its law. Gun confiscation may be imminent.

http://www.tucsonaz.g...­

http://occupiedtucson...­ Please read article AND comments

Note: There's been a ramping up of Fearmongering over 1) budget cuts 2) Border problems

Hope everyone's prepared...!
Ronald Frederick G...
user 3921570
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 20
I am missing something. I do not see where the martial law is within either link.
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 35
If you click on the first link, scroll down to item No. 9 and click on the title: RESOLUTION: SUPPORTING THE MISSION OF THE DAVIS-MONTHAN AIR FORCE BASE (CITY WIDE AND OUTSIDE CITY) FEB20-13-55

When you do that, a column appears at the right that has 3 documents. Choose the third one, which is the official signed copy of the resolution. The important information is at the end, after all the "Whereases."
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 36
According to a friend of mine, this is an attempt to avoid having to cut the budget at D-M due to the sequester, since when there's a state of emergency in effect, the military budget gets frozen. However, having said that, this could also be an excuse to have a state of emergency declared so it can be used to accomplish lots of other shenanigans. I'm still really suspicious of it all.
Joe P.
Group_curmudgeon
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 151
All section 3 is saying is that in times of national emergency, the city will cooperate with DM and if the military is placed in charge, the Tucson City Clown-sel won't object.

Any gun confiscation or marshal law is not in that document.
Ronald B.
user 9823432
Encino, CA
Post #: 11
Dear All,

Please check what you hear. It is too easy to panic.

I wrote the Mayor and this was the reply from the City Attorney:

Mr. Beauman,No, martial law has not been declared in Tucson, either under Reso. 22006 or under any other action of the Mayor and Council. I'm guessing that the genesis of this rumor is the fact that Reso. 22006, like most of the resolutions and ordinances that are considered by the Mayor and Council, included an "emergency clause," which simply put is a provision that makes the resolution go into effect immediately upon adoption, rather than 30 days later. Lastly, the Reso was not passed in secret - it was considered at an open, public meeting, and was appropriately described on the agenda for that meeting; and the agenda was published and posted online in advance of the meeting.
A former member
Post #: 11
Ever hear of Alex Jones? Here's the article
http://www.infowars.c...­

For folks that are worried about your freedom some of you surprise me. YOU ASKED THE POLITICIANS TO EXPLAIN IT AWAY?!?!

Can't you read?? The RESOLUTION SAID: 1) There is a state of emergency 2) The City Council will give over all control of Tucson to DM whenever they want it 3) It is effective immediately

Why was it done IN SECRET? Why aren't the people of Tucson told what the emergency is? If there is an "emergency" the people should be informed. Why is it "EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY" ? Remember UNDER MARTIAL LAW YOU ALL HAVE NO RIGHTS. PERIOD. IT'S TOO LATE.

Chris
user 58129282
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 60
Whereas: "Taking into consideration the fact that"

You will probably find similar agreements with most state and local Governments, however when you start TAKING WORDS OUT OF DOCUMENTS - you can make them say anything you want.

This was brought up at multiple meetings - I do not live in Tucson proper so I am not concerned, but after reading it I am no more concerned than I was before I read it. There was even a list of people who spoke at the meeting it was passed at, so it is hard to say it was done in secrecy.

Do you really think the Federal Government is going to ASK permission or even needs to ASK to declare Martial Law? The fact that the clowns in Tucson passed this resolution is pretty much meaningless.
Next you are going to tell me because it is on the internet is has to be true..........

We just watched a week of "President Barack Obama's administration threatened Bob Woodward" and if you read PART of a sentence, i.e. took PART of the email OUT OF CONTEXT - it sure sounds like it. BUT if you read the email in context (in its entirety) you will see he was told "You will regret your STANCE on this issue" not "You will regret bringing up this issue".

Raising the Alarm when there is a credible threat is great, crying Wolf every time something happens that might be viewed as a possible threat in a potential situation if the planets align in the proper configuration on a specific date……is not going to add credibility to anyone.

A better approach: “I just read xxx and I think it could mean…” because I learned a long time ago: None of us is as smart as all of us.

But just my two penny's................
A former member
Post #: 31
I'm with Chris on this.

After reading the document it appears to me to be a standard language " we will comply " agreement. This looks like more of a we won't stand in your way or cause problems statement. I can understand how it could look like a we will roll over and expose our belly, kinda like our beta dog does to the alpha all the time, to those that haven't seen something like this before. I have seem mutual agreement pacts before and this is what it looks like to me at this time.
I have no wish to look back but I am sure if someone wanted to I would guess there have been many of these over the years and this is just an update with the current council / mayor.
Yes I know the OP has left the group but my hope is that others here might be interested in my .02
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 41
Here's a link to an article in the Arizona Daily Independent with more information.
AZ Daily Independent

Beckie