Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › Herbalism/Alternative health etc Course.

Herbalism/Alternative health etc Course.

Stacy
shadeprepper
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 116
Well the last time I attempted this it sorta bombed out which i believe was more or less because of scheduling.

I am now working up to expand from just Herbalism to a course in Alternative medicine for practical use.

I would start with an over all intro to everything and then move right into herbalism, then once a month work through other methods in each course, starting with the basics and in some cases move up to advanced practices depending on the subject. (ie no advanced teaching of accupuncture as I am not lic. or have advanced knowledge of it. Sorry I wont be poking anyone with tiny pricks devilish

I am curious if there is many people that would be interested in this and a general idea of scheduling that would work out for several people. I would consider doing 1 repeate course of each month to assist in scheduling for several people.

TTFN smile
K-Bay
user 49517262
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 238
Stacy, Perhaps it would be helpful for you to describe your expertise/education in this area?
Stacy
shadeprepper
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 117
Well I'm not a ND however I have studied and practices herbalism along with other forms of alternative medicines for me, family and friends from minor pain management to acne to muscular issues, stress management, cramps and PMS issues to minor infections, immune boosting w/cold n flu management. Some from herbal remedies and others via hydrotherapy and a variety of other forms. Tho lately I have been digging up more drastic things like anti canceragenics, and substitutes for more mainstream meds directly related to prepping and disease prevention for things like the red and black plague, Lyme disease and such. :-) that help some. I also double and triple check my material and make sure the compounds or therapeutic measure have some clinical proof, chemical reasoning or clinically possible in theory (there are a lot of new research finally going into alternative medicine here in the USA that previously did not exist). biggrin that help some?

BTW what I was asking at the westside Meetup was about diseases along the lines of dysentary n e coli n such just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Cause I know the first thing that will be ask is antibiotics and other remedies for those type of diseases so I'm prepping to address those right of the bat tongue
Stacy
shadeprepper
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 119
I failed to mention that I have been practicing/perform these skills for roughly 17 years (started when I was 13/14 and I am 31 not biggrin)
Mylo G.
user 4492913
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 46
That sort of class sounds great to me. I think we desperately need alternatives to mainstream medicine and their bizarre obsession with patented big-money-making chemicals which are totally foreign to nature (pharmaceuticals).
I have some time off work from Dec 23 - Jan 5. Otherwise Sundays are probably best for me.
Are you familiar with local healing plants and herbs? Maybe an herb walk would be nice.
Stacy
shadeprepper
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 120
I'm brushing up on my native plants as we speak along with native american remedies laughing
Luke K.
user 41485972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 184
Stacy: & other interested Southern Arizona Preppers. I have talked to Todd and we have decided to offer a one and a half hour introduction to your Herbalism/Alternative health Course, at the next monthly meeting. January 9th at 6:00 P.M. at the Martha Copper Library, a central location. Followed up with a 3 hour Introduction Class on Saturday January 11th 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. at the Ajo & Misson Library.
Luke King
Luke K.
user 41485972
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 185
Stacy that was a most interesting introduction last night, on a topic that I know very little about now, but I am looking forward to your class starting Sat. 1/11 at the Ajo & Misson library starting at 2:00 P.M. When regular medicine is not around this is valuable information for survivability.