Did your boss cancel that project you’ve been pouring your heart and soul into? Did your roommate eat that last DiGiorno pizza you’ve been looking forward to all day? Are your kids tap-dancing on the one nerve that is standing between you and selling them to the circus? Government got you furloughed? Well, come vent some of that frustration on the battlefield with...
40K MELEE THURSDAYS!
Who: Anyone interested in playing some Warhammer 40K. I encourage all of you to step outside your comfort zones! It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or are a seasoned veteran. Beginners can pair up with veterans to learn the games. If you don’t own models or rulebooks, no problem, we can provide some of them for you to use!
What: Small board (4’x4’) type games:[masked]pt skirmishes, Battle Missions (kill-teams etc..)
When: November 7, 2013
Where: Waldorf West Library (Meeting Room TBD)
How: I now own one Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard and two extra tiles so we can make two official 4ft x 4ft game boards.
Time will be tight so I will generally have the game type and scenarios one week in advance. I will also try and get there early to set up the game boards. Once you arrive, you can roll off and jump right into action. There is a lot to set up so any help you guys can offer would be much appreciated (thank you to everyone who helped me set up in Sept).
If you are interested, sign up! We are currently looking for participants to help keep this meetup going and we want YOU!
THIS WEEK'S GAME:
MISSION #1: CRUSADE
Victory Conditions: At the end of the game, the player who has scored the most Victory Points wins the game. If players have the same number of Victory Points, the game is a draw.
Primary Objective: Capture placed objectives. Each objective is worth 3 Victory Points to the player who controls it. Primary Objectives = 4 (objectives will be placed prior to 5:30 start time)
Secondary Objectives: Slay the Warlord, First Blood, Linebreaker
1. 1000pts (Compulsory List Required: 1x HQ, 2x Troop minimum). Bring a typed out or hand written list of units and point values and turn it in to Nick when you arrive. You must stick with the list you turned in, regardless of your opponent. List tailoring, come game time, is not allowed.
2. Close Quarters Board Size: 4ft x 4ft
3. The Night Fighting Special Rule is in effect on Turn 1.
4. Mysterious Objectives mission special rule is in effect.
4. Reserves are allowed.
5. Death From The Skies special rules for flyers are not allowed.
6. Opponents and tables will be picked at random.
7. Deployment will be Dawn of War (standard table sides).
8. Warlord Traits (if you have to roll for them), table edges and 1st turn will be rolled for like normal and after opponents and tables have been assigned. If you are rolling from the Rule Book for Warlord Traits, pick two catagories and roll 1 die per catagory. Pick one of the results.
9. Game length will be set at 5 turns max and games will be brought to an end at 7:30, regardless of turn #.
If you have any questions, please post them here so I can answer them once.