Southern Maryland Software Group Message Board › Next Meetup Venue

Next Meetup Venue

Ra
user 12908355
Group Organizer
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 1
I'd like to start considering locations for the next meetup. We all know that Southern Maryland is pretty spread out so it'd be really great to also spread some of the meetups around so that they don't always require a long drive to attend. If you'd like for some meetups to be closer to your location then please either list some potential places or your location and I'll search out venues. If you don't want to post anything publicly, feel free to go to my profile and email me any information and I'll add it to my own list for consideration.

Thanks! Look forward to meeting up with everyone soon!
Dan E.
user 54118712
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
For other software groups we made use of the local libraries' meeting rooms. Not sure if you are aiming for consistant meeting times (1st tuesday of the month) or not so scheduling may be a concern.

I live in Charles County so I have all but given up hope of finding groups close to home.
Ra
user 12908355
Group Organizer
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 2
Thanks for your suggestion Dan. I live in Charles County also and had the same challenges as you with finding groups closer to the area. That's what prompted me to begin this group.

I'd like to host something at least monthly although it doesn't have to be on the same date. My biggest challenge at this point is that I'd like identify the challenges encountered by everyone in the group so that we as a group can assist each other.

There is definitely something that brought each one of us here and I'd like to do my best to get an environment going where those things can be addressed. For that to happen there has to be communication. Maybe this discussion board is a good place to try to get that communication going. Short of that, I'm debating whether I should reach out to everyone individually, find out what it is that would provide value to them, and then plan some events around the most common issues/topics.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please feel free to post them here or contact me via email.