Southern NH Ukulele Group (SNHUG) Message Board › Madbury Days June 9th, Madbury NH

Madbury Days June 9th, Madbury NH

Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 7
Hi all,
I have set up this time and venue for us to play. I need to know if there is
any interest. I would like to work up a few songs which may include:

Psycho Killer (easy)
Rawhide
Something from the road races?
One love
California dreaming
other?

We had been allotted 30 minutes but due to some scheduling quirks, we
will be sharing the time with the Silver Strummers ukulele band from Dover.
They are well rehearsed and have a bunch of songs ready to go. They have
played in Madbury in the past.

I was thinking that we could sit in with them for 15-20 minutes as they do their songs.
then they can sit in with us while we do some more contemporary stuff.

This can only happen if there are people willing to commit to this event and have a
practice before June 9th- anytime it is convenient for those interested. Place TBD- maybe
at my house in Lee?

I think it would be fun, but if there is not interest (at least 3 or 4) I probably shouldn't
commit to doing it. The road races have been fun, this would be another chance to play.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Deb
June P.
user 36911232
Rollinsford, NH
Post #: 1
I'm interested! I loved Iko Iko and Jambalaya, I've also been practicing Pineapple Princess, Sloop John B of course, Bye Bye Love - the livelier the better! My husband said Iko Iko was by far our best song at the marathon--- should we find out what the Silver Strummers set will be to avoid duplication?
(psycho killer?) :)

I'm IN
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 8
Psycho Killer- by the Talking Heads on their album Talking Heads 77. A great tune watch some other ukulele groups play it

http://www.youtube.co...­

http://www.youtube.co...­

Iko Iko is good, add to list
Dan M.
user 12912850
Group Organizer
East Hampstead, NH
So it's 30 minutes shared with the Silver Strummers? That's probably 4 or 5 songs each at most. 9 total is what fits in 30 minutes. Are they going to learn Rawhide and Physco Killer? What songs are they doing?
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 9
Our choices-

1. share 40 minutes with the silver strummers

2. We bow out completely

3. The strummers bow out

4. I don't plan to play with the strummers necessarily

5. SNHUG could do a completely different set of our own stuff, we can forward the music to the strummers
and they would be welcome to sit in. It would be a slightly more contemporary set. (20 mins each)

6. other thoughts? We can choose songs we are comfortable with but I would really like to do psycho killer. I can sing the verses, maybe others can help with the chorus. There are some very easy parts and even a chance for a bit of a solo.(Dan, Kiyoshi)

I just would like some more input. maybe I am delusional, maybe it would be fun.
sandy
ssears5399
Hampton, NH
I am in for any of the options mentioned. Would be great to have practice scheduled soon.

Sandy
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 10
I would like to have all interested parties and even possibly interested parties email me at alonzoquixano@comcast.net to select songs and set up a practice. I eagerly await responses. Thanks
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 11
Leon,
thanks for responding. No worries, we will see if we can work something out. It is a very casual thing and will only last 30 minutes tops. of course you could stay and listen to other musicians (start at 9) or enjoy the country fair, or see the middle school jazz band- if they play this year- they always do. It will be fun and easy going, the audience is appreciative.
sandy
ssears5399
Hampton, NH
Post #: 2
Hello Everyone,

Count me in.

What key for "California Dreaming"?

Would you explain the "Something from the road races"? Is it a specific song book?

I am available for practice after 4:00 pm any night of the week.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
Sandy
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 12
Sorry I have been distracted because my 20 something niece is having emergency open heart surgery today. We thought it would be in 2-3 months but then they decided to do it now.

I am available to have a practice anytime since I am retired. Any evening works for me except next wednesday. We could meet at my house in Lee, it is very accessible. Dan said he may be able to get the church- we can't interfere with wurst night though.

I am trying to post the songs in "files" under "more" on the home page- look out for it. All songs are o0en for discussion based on how we feel about them.

Some of my thoughts-

sloop John B
Rawhide
Me and julio

these are already in files-

Psycho killer and california dreaming will be up soon.
and maybe Sunshine (go away today)
Jambalaya or others?
whatever works will be fine.