addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southern NH Ukulele Group (SNHUG) Message Board › Madbury Days June 9th, Madbury NH

Madbury Days June 9th, Madbury NH

Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 13
Tonight we decided that we will have a sit down (or stand up) event at my house for anyone who may go to Madbury Days. This will be a time to play some songs that work and we can be comfortable with. We have 3 attending so far... Time is 7pm, let me know if you may come and need directions. We tried out a few tunes tonight that are good possibilities. Remember, we play to have fun and your best is good enough.
Deb
June P.
user 36911232
Rollinsford, NH
Post #: 2
Was it decided we would play with the Silver Strummers and vice versa? That would be SO fabulous - what is their set? Should we take a vote from the list of posted songs here for our set? My vote would be for Hello MaryLou, Iko Iko, Bye Bye Love, Jambalaya and Sloop John B. I think these are all easy and crowd pleasing but without knowing what the Strummers are playing, we won't know what to practice...

But I also think I missed some postings, so I apolgize if these questions are redundant. What day is the practice? If the weather is nice, maybe we can practice outside. I can be anywhere by 6pm Monday-Thursday.

If we know the set ahead of time, (ie, before the final practice) I think we'd be much more productive at practice. (I KNOW I would be!)

What time are we scheduled to play at Madbury, is it still 10am? My RSVP still stands for this event - thanks!
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 16
June,
We are going to play some of our songs first (more contemporary) and then the strummers play their set. They are welcome to sit in with us, and we can sit in with them. Their song list is very good but not quite as contemporary as I would like. We have some songs that are on the possible list. I will try to get them up on the website-in files- as soon as I can.

I will have to check on the final time but I believe it will be around 10. Some of the strummers have come to our SNHUG practices so we have some idea what they will play. We can compare set lists when closer.

We are set to practice on Tuesday at 7 at my house in Lee. If the weather cooperates we can play out on the deck.

That would be the day after Memorial Day I think that"s the 29th. We need to find a way to contact each other outside facebook. I don't want to post my phone # or address here.

So far it looks like about 5 of us? I think we can work up some good stuff. We will only have about 15-20 minutes- maybe 5 songs?

I'm looking forward to meeting you.
June P.
user 36911232
Rollinsford, NH
Post #: 3
Thanks Deb, you can email me your address anytime. What songs are we going to practice?
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 17
I added a few more songs in the files section- under More in the drop down menu. I know I am really late getting these up. I can make copies tomorrow here if anyone needs a copy.
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 18
Now I added the short list of songs from Tuesday. They are in the files section. I included some video clips with some songs. Hope you can open them. Let me know if I forgot something or you are having trouble accessing the files.
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 19
I want to thank everyone for coming. We made some great progress. Sandy, you do sing like an angel. I think the last song will be a great way to end. We have a hit here. I'm so glad we have so many talented musicians in our SNHUG. Thanks Dan for getting this started. See you Friday.
Deb J.
user 31859892
Lee, NH
Post #: 20
Finally the links to the Madbury Days videos

http://youtu.be/5oE8N...­ lumberjack song
http://youtu.be/yWKsJ...­ Psycho Killer
http://youtu.be/-UTEP...­ Rawhide