addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Southern NH Ukulele Group (SNHUG) Message Board › Picnic Notes from Organizer Michael Chung

Picnic Notes from Organizer Michael Chung

June P.
user 36911232
Rollinsford, NH
I tried posting the email but it was too long, so here it is!:
To All, Clean Up For those of you and members of your group/club who will be around at the end of the Picnic, I will need help in cleaning up after the event.  This means taking down the 2 tents that the Parks people lent us.  Folding up and stacking the Parks' tables (estimate 7) and 25 chairs for the Parks staff can put away.  General trash clean up around the park area that we used. We can ask the audience to help with the trash clean up, but need help to ensure that everything is picked up...and ensure that we can be invited back next year. Welcome Booth I'm looking for more volunteers to help with manning the "Welcome Booth" to be located near the sidewalk overlooking the bandshell.  (Send me an email if you or anyone from your group/club can volunteer.)  Basically it's a place where people can find out what's happening when and where, such as workshops, performances, jamming area.  It's also a place where ukulele players can sign up and be counted for the NH strumming record.  In addition, those of you who have CDs to sell can go there to sell them because it should technically be out of the park (where we can't sell anything).  And, for those groups/clubs who may be looking for more members, it's a place where you can leave a sign up sheet for interested new people. Tips for Performing We found out that the afternoon sun could shine directly in the faces of the performers, dependent on the time of day, and where the performers are standing or sitting in the bandshell.  We'll try to move the mics and seats a little further into the stage to improve the situation, but sunglasses may help if the sun becomes issue. I plan to have a 10 by 10 tent with chairs to the right side of the bandshell for performers to wait before they go on, sort of our equivalent of a green room.  I also plan to have another 10 by 10 tent situated somewhere on the lower or upper right of the bandshell where people can jam and performers can practice. Name Tags One of the things I'd like to facilitate is for performers to be able to identify one another in the spirit of community and networking.  So, if you don't mind wearing a removable name tag, you can find them at the "Welcome booth". Social Media Stats Based on comments we're getting in social media, looks like we're generating a lot of excitement from a lot of people.  One of our more popular posts was the performer schedule where the number of people we reached jumped up to nearly 1,600. Thank you everyone for coming and performing. Michael