addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Southern NH Ukulele Group (SNHUG) Message Board › Country Western

Country Western

Arthur (Art) M.
user 68871892
Methuen, MA
Post #: 23
Country Western.[/b]Country Western. I'm not a great fan but there are a few songs out that I like. Have we ever performed any country? Can the ukulele go country? Dave brought the Miles & Miles of Texas piece and I actually enjoyed it and arranged it in 3-parts for voice and/or ukulele. My partner and I will be doing it for my sister in Texas when we visit over the holidays. I am putting a copy of the arrangement and MIDI sound file in the MeetUp files area for anyone else interested. I'm also going to add it to the Luau 2 song suggestion list. I'm thinking our current genres are OLD, NEW, UNUSUAL, and HAWAIIAN. Perhaps sometime we could add a country piece within one of those. Does anyone listen to country regularly and have any modern song suggestions?
Thanks Dave or the Miles song
Art
David C.
user 73376602
Kingston, NH
Post #: 5
Hi Art,
There is a rich vein of western swing, which must be the western in country and western, at Bob Wills or Asleep an the Wheel websites/youtube.
dc
Toby R.
Toby_R
East Kingston, NH
Post #: 6
Art, there some great ukulele songs in country music. Two that come to me right off the bat is RIVER OF LOVE by George Strait and KNEE DEEP by the Mac Brown Band. Check them out on YouTube and let me know what you think.
Arthur (Art) M.
user 68871892
Methuen, MA
Post #: 24
Dave and Toby. Thanks for the suggestions. I added a few numbers to the list. I'll put up a new list in MeetUp files area tonight (9/27).
Thanks
Art